Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Its because its really not a Truck but a Pick-Up Roadster cross over. Some people just can't see it for what it is a cross over vehicle.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What makes you think these guys are regular?
They're, at least, mentally constipated!:skep

·
Registered
153 Posts
Regular Truck Guy Here

When The SSR came out I thought it was silly. "Not even an El Camino", (which I always giggled at, "Do I want a car or a truck? I'll get something that doesn't do either well"):jester
Well now I'm a SSR owner and I have never been happier with a vehicle!!!!!!!:glol
When I first saw my :ssr ,Mo-Dean, one of the salesmen at the dealership pointed him out and said "This is your next truck." I laughed and answered "That over priced, under powered, ugly, want-to-be pick-up? No way, the only thing going for it is the trunk." The salesman's reply was that the '05 will have the Corvette 6 liter. "It's not that ugly with the 6 liter." was my reply. And I told them they had better sell the purple (ultra violet) '04 before word got out on the '05 or they will be stuck with that one.
:party Well a year and some time later I find my self looking for a purple convertible with good trunk space. :lol I found the MINI Cooper fit the bill with the back seats down. But I like the dealer I use for my GMC Trucks, So I went in one day last September to ask about the new Pontiac Solstice or the G6, my next car will be a convertible!!! "The purple SSR is still here" (I thought he was kidding) "And we have been told to dump it"
:jester Well, test drive, the 5.3 did well. A deal was struck and the MINI:leaving would have been more $$$ than the SSR with the same features.

So that is how I became a convert and total SSR NUT, I'm happy happy happy, I love my "Mo-Dean, the purple people eater"
:ssr Keep The Top Down
PocoToro

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,202 Posts
That's why I'm on here instead of there.

IT'S MUCH MORE FUN ON THIS FORUM.

SOUNDS LIKE THE BOYS ON THAT SITE ARE JEALOUS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T AFFORD ONE.

Too bad. Considering I own 6 other gm full sized trucks, all with bigger motors and horse power than the SSR. It's still more fun to drive than the others.

And who says you can't haul anything in them? I hauled a weeks worth of gear, coolers and all for the power tour with no problem as well as 1000lbs. of blasting sand for the shop. Handled that pretty well too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
SSr vs. other trucks

Here's a quarter, tell them to call someone who cares. Street Rodders don't like them either.
I rather drive my SSR than my 37 Ford, never thought I'd said that, but the roadster is where it's at!!!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Well I found a great 2005 that I am going to see tomorrow. It has a MSRP of 51K and he says he can not go below 40K. The car has been on the lot for 428 days. (Thanks Islanddreams!) Now....how does a Navy Officer work em???

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Just don't get it.

When you don't know what it's about, you don't know that you don't know what it's about. You just don't get it, so you go out and get a "regular" truck so you can look like the 40,000,000 other "regular" guys out there.:sleep :sleep :sleep

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes over there..:lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Car Wash

Snuck my 05 6spd. Asphalt to the car wash a couple days ago. Half the car wash came over asking about the ssr. They all loved it. I think some off those truck owners envy the ssr owners. They sure turn their heads & look. Most the people that walked up have never seen a ssr. These things will be going up in value soon. I brought mine for my enjoyment anyway. I will take this truck over any truck out there !!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I also peruse many other auto forums and we are definitely in the minority as far as liking these trucks...or cars. Hey we know they're one of a kind and fast as hell. I don't think anyone will build such a vehicle ever again.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Car Wash?

walleye said:
Snuck my 05 6spd. Asphalt to the car wash a couple days ago. Half the car wash came over asking about the ssr. They all loved it. I think some off those truck owners envy the ssr owners. They sure turn their heads & look. Most the people that walked up have never seen a ssr. These things will be going up in value soon. I brought mine for my enjoyment anyway. I will take this truck over any truck out there !!!
GASP! You took your SSR to the car wash?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I don't know about that. I'm always getting thumbs up and waves from these rough looking tatooed guys driving jacked up beat up Chevy and Ford pickups.

I'm a rather yuppyish docker's wearing programmer, so it was kind of scary at first. But I've now got a camaflague shirt, baseball cap I wear backwards, and a stick on tattoo of a snake on my arm, so I think I fit right in!

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
What I didnt get about that forums comments was you had to be wealthy to own an SSR. Well I'm certainly not wealthy, I just know how to budget my money to afford things I want. Sounds like a bunch of jealous dumb-A__s on that site.

·
Registered
190 Posts
tsgrayson said:
Well I found a great 2005 that I am going to see tomorrow. It has a MSRP of 51K and he says he can not go below 40K. The car has been on the lot for 428 days. (Thanks Islanddreams!) Now....how does a Navy Officer work em???

Best of luck in getting you an 05 SSR....Here is a bit of "unasked for advice"...That $40,000 price tag is way high right now for a new 05...Many folks here have gotten them in the low $30's with all the toys. I too live in Tennessee and bought a $51,000 05 six speed way cheaper than that $40,000. Private message me and I will tell you a place in SC that can beat that price.
Hope you don't mind my buttin in!!!!:seeya :seeya

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
w. Spencer said:
Here's a quarter, tell them to call someone who cares. Street Rodders don't like them either.
I rather drive my SSR than my 37 Ford, never thought I'd said that, but the roadster is where it's at!!!!!
Ditto :agree

RickSSR :cool

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Don't know about the street rodders not liking it. They came over in droves to check it out at the car shows I've been to, and I get a surprising number of thumbs up from rods going the other way.

The most gratifying part of being in shows is when owners of 48-53 Chevy pickups ask if they can park next to it, and take some pictures. That usually attracts a crowd.
I think rodders understand it. I don't think they understand Corvettes or Vipers.

Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I especially like the look on those "Dodge Boys", when the pull up to me at a light in their "hemis" compared to their look in my rear view mirrrors just a few seconds later, and their lack of eye contact when they do the ricer flyby.:reddevil . Given the same senerio with a chevy or ford truck, I usually get the thumbs up after after I let them catch up. Of course I only do this on a USDA certified racetrack:angel

1 - 20 of 33 Posts