Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Yep. Still a must on most farm tractors, combines, and sprayers. The new ones don’t quite have the weathered look and the bearings in them make them work really well.
It’s crazy, all this time and still in use. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
How in the hell do you steer a 53 Tw0 Ten Chevy at 16 or a 55 Chevy at 17 with no Power Steering and a cute little girl snuggled right up next to you !!! This was "a must" back in the 50's !!! You right arm was around your "honey" so you only had your left arm to steer with. My Dad always said "Bobby, you're gonna get that damn thing caught in your shirt or jacket and have a wreck and I'm not buying you another car. 2 in 2 years is a God's plenty, You wreck that 55 and you're walking' and by God I mean it" FYI the 53 & the 55 were both "Slush Boxes" (Power Glide) !!!

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
Just got back home from going on a 100 mile "cruise" to eat lunch at The Chocolate Covered Strawberry on the Old Nashville Pike between Gallatin and Hendersonville. Coming out of a side street was none other than Handyman Eddie Fowler. Caught him at the next light and gave him a call on the old cell (illegal in Tennessee when driving). He said "Is that you" "Affirmative, I'm headed to the Chocolate Strawberry to eat lunch" Great lunch and my two favorite server's were working ... Claire & Mary Grace.

·
Spirited driver!
1,310 Posts
We called them " Brodie knobs" ( Brodie is another name for doing doughnuts) out here and I had one on my 57 Chevy. They were illegal and necessary with a wheel that big!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts