Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of mine this week and have had problems with my remote controls. After it sets the remote will not work. When i use the key to open the door, the security alarm activates until i put the key in the ignition. Once this occurrs, the remote works fine until it sets for different periods of time. The dealer came to my location and thought he fixed it. It worked until a short time after he left. I then took it to the dealer. It worked continuously, so they could not help. It began acting up again once i got back home..........who would have thought it. Has anyone got any ideas?:banghead

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
ideas

Well I'll just throw these ideas out to you, even though both are far fetched...

1) maybe the battery in the remote is weak. You didn't mentioned whether the problem was with one or both remotes.

2) maybe you have some radio interference in your neighborhood. Have you had this problem at any other location?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your ideas, but both remotes malfunction or work at the same time, and the problem occurrs at different locations. I will post the solution once or if it happens.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, but the dealer has tried that twice. He is going to pick it up this morning and try and fix it for good.....hope they do, since i really have enjoyed everything else about the ssr.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got a call from the dealership and they said, after contacting GMC they were advised of a Technical Bulletin, whereby the problem is in the remote controls. The bad news is there are no remotes available at this time.......at least they have recognized they have a problem. Guess i will rough-it and use the key manually..........

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, but I did not get the number. I am still waiting for the fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts