Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time ago I read that someone found a remote that would activate the top, etc., would like to have that installed when I return to KY next month but don't know where to find it.

Help anyone?

thanks

t

·
Registered
112 Posts
Find a quality alarm company, I found one and we use the top of the line Viper alarm system to do mine back in December, Now everyone that has seen mine in this area has gone to the same shop and had them do thieir's, I think they have done 5 so far. :rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
Bruce,
Does your system (alarm) allow you to drop the top from outside without stepping on the brake? That is way to cool do you have a model number?

·
Registered
112 Posts
It auto starts and I can put the top up or down and even stop anywhere I want it to. VIPER 791 XV or you can get the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 or 2.1? They are now made by the same company.

S

·
0 Posts
SMKN_SSR said:
It auto starts and I can put the top up or down and even stop anywhere I want it to. VIPER 791 XV or you can get the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 or 2.1? They are now made by the same company.
Thanks for all your help!
Rick

J

·
0 Posts
alarm system

i am working on my ssr system which includes 2 10 inch mmats subs 2 6.5 inch mid bass 2 4 inch mid range and 2 1 inch tweets as well as 2,000 watts of power, 7 inch indash with navi, epicenter,& alarm with full capabilities as well as top manipulation. most people and or shops have rigged it to bypass the brake but you will run into overloading on you feedback resistors on the window and top controller . If you need help with these issuses please feel free to drop me a line ......j.b

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hey SMKN_SSR ,

I was told that it would not work. I was told that there is a Viper system that connectes to the factory alarm and it cost about 800 dollars. Is this what you have? Could you e-mail me to tell me more about your system. :flag

·
Registered
112 Posts
My system works fine, cost with install was $1050.00 see above for alarm type and model #

S

·
0 Posts
auto TOP with remote.

Yes....But where can I get info on HOW to do this. Shop name & #? Instructions would be GREAT. I can't figure this system out. I can get it to work while engine running and brake pressed. I want it so I can do it at shows with my remote. PLEASE help.....THANX A LOT for any help!

Ben.....

J

·
0 Posts
top remote activating secrets.....

feel free to call 407 702 4872.... 10am -9pm est. 7days.

j.b

·
Registered
112 Posts
The Ultimate Car Toys - Dublin, CA 925-828-7200 Tony is the installer, he used the VIPER 791 XV or you can get the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 or 2.1? They are now made by the same company. Look Ma, No Hands or Feet! :>)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts