Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jim-n-Tanya
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay everyone! I need your help.....

I finally got SpongeBob back, but he isn't quite there yet. I had installed the remote top, but they are really having a hard time getting it to work.
Please tell me what the combination is to getting it to work without the remote start.

We called BOOMERS and they were no help what so ever. Mike said he didn't do it and the others said they didn't remember how they did it. There was two wires, no three wires no I don't remember.

The stereo is fine except for it needs a cap installed. Lights dim with Bass....
Who would have known. :mad

Any help would be appreciated. It's dead in the garage right now. Battery ran down to nothing. :seeya

Thanks All

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,758 Posts
I have never done an installation of the remote top, but it would make sense that you would have to duplicate all the interlocks of normal actuation. For discussion, I think they are:

1) Ignition in "On" or "Accessory" position
2) Brake Pedal Depressed (possibly just brake lights on)
3) Push and hold top down button

Possibly a realy with a 30 second "hold" function would do....

I'm not the authority here, but am willing to add my 2c worth to the brainstorming.

Mike

·
OP
8,268 Posts
uh

I thought the engine had to be running sine the top was hydraulic. I have tried to actuate it with just the key on, but it doesn't work unless the engine is running. Am I missing something?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,758 Posts
I can actuate the top with the key in the "on" position, without the engine running. I understand that this is normal, as a number of SSRs have had their batteries run down in the showroom from demonstrating the top. If you can't do it without the engine running, I'd be looking for answers from the dealer.....

Mike

·
OP
8,268 Posts
huh?

Maybe I'm just a dumbass...I'll try again. Thanks... :rolleyes: :confused :leaving

G

·
For the remote top the :ssr has to be runnin. It will not operate with the bed cover opened. Just using the button on the console it does not need to be runnin.
If it worksfrom the remote and is not runnin they did something wrong. Sounds like you got ahold of Mikes son and not him at Boomers. My remote will not work the top if the key is in the ignition, wheather its on or off or acc. A safty feature. Thats why there is a quik trip mode. so you can take the key out, lock it, at a store and keep it runnin while your in there. As long as you do not touch the brake pedel. that will kill the engine also.

·
Registered
102 Posts
ampmop said:
Maybe I'm just a dumbass...I'll try again. Thanks... :rolleyes: :confused :leaving
Don't feel dumb, my 04 SSR will lower the top without the engine running but it I then start it and drive I can't raise the top if I shut the SSR off first. Turning the key back on won't let it activate. For some reason once it's been running it always does this. Is mine the only one???

G

·
SSR03 said:
The engine doesn't have to be running. Mine worked, but it didn't keep working. I had a friend take it back this morning. Hopefully they can figure it out today! :boxing
SSR03 and I are talking about remotely putting top up and down useing a fob while not in the vehicle. This is different than doing it with the button on the console.

·
Jim-n-Tanya
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Remote Top

The top goes up and down without the vehicle running for some reason. I am getting all kinds of errors on the dash read out though. I can raise and lower the top without the vehicle running but it has too timeout 56 secounds between raise and lower. All the power has to time out first; lights, radio, etc.

Could you in your spare time give BRENT @ bd audio creations a call and explain somethings too him. They are awsome, but they are still having problems.

512-554-8478

http://www.bdaudiocreations.com

any help would be appreciated.

G

·
Wildcat66, your just toooo good. I did not think anyone would figure that one out. :lol :lol :lol
I will have to ask mike where they tied in at. You got something going that should not be.

·
Jim-n-Tanya
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Done!

Hands Free Remote Top Finally after all that time! Sponge bob is done and he is Awsome!
Installed everything finally. I finished last night just in time to send him down to the Home Depot. Met David and his wife. Great couple hope to see them again soon.
Remote works and doesn't even need the engine running. Thought I might need a bigger alternator, but so far so good. Only when I crank it up do I need MORE POWER! I didn't think it would be possible, but he is finally out of the Audio Shop.

Yeller is Killer! :seeya

Anyone going to The Texas Heat Wave in Corpus?

PM Me............... :lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.