Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I search our community for valet locking and discovered a thread dating back to 2004. This thread was about using our remote fobs to control windows and top from outside the vehicle. I contacted TopDownTech.com as suggested 15+ years ago by one of our members.

Any word on that concept/idea since 2004?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
:unsure:
Not sure what you are after. I know what a valet is and does, but can't relate it to your post. If you are wanting to be able to raise and/or lower the top and windows using a remote........that likely could be done. I would consider that need as kinda "showboating" as operating the top up/down, etc. without the engine running will sap the battery pretty quickly.

So, if the above scenario is what you want to do, I would suggest you also have the remote enable start up of the engine as well. :)

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,145 Posts
Remote starters/alarm systems have controllers to operate other items like windows, etc. and I have installed a few. User ssralarmexpert located in Arizona was an installer for awhile but I see he was banned from this website. The systems do not use the OEM fob, you will need to use the aftermarket fob that comes with the kit.

Many of todays remote starter / alarm systems are programmable and available from a multitude of resellers, your local upscale alarm installer could probably offer you a good option. They are wiring intensive but not hard to install if you have some background with stereo installations.

Helpful Links
Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others
SSR Technical Resource - Quick searchable help
Electronic Repairs - Speedometer, brake, door latch, fuse box, stereo, etc

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,338 Posts
As Mike aka Dragon2U said, take care! SSR Has Multiplex wiring and OEM radio is also security system.

You could cause yourself a lot of problems. And some did in the past.

There were starting problems, locking problems, window problems, etc.

Dicktator

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,084 Posts
I search our community for valet locking and discovered a thread dating back to 2004. This thread was about using our remote fobs to control windows and top from outside the vehicle. I contacted TopDownTech.com as suggested 15+ years ago by one of our members.

Any word on that concept/idea since 2004?

Thanks.
In the 03 version, you were supposed to be able to double click your unlock to put both windows down. One of those ideas from the concept that never made it to production models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts