Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a new set of control knobs from Dragon.How do you remove the knobs.I know the rings just pull off,but do the knobs pull off also.TIA,Dave

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No,just the knobs. Mine are cleaned to death. Someone used a very strong cleaner or something on them. Have another set on the way.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,264 Posts
To get to the silver faces on the AC indicators to replace them, you will need to remove the AC control unit. To do that, the lower dash will need to be taken off. You can download a guide here -
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5&id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5%21771&parId=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5%21853&o=OneUp

You will need to split the AC unit case to get to the internals, then remove the 3 towers from the circuit board by squeezing the retainers inward. Should be self explanatory once you see it, if not ask again once you get into it a little more.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for the info.I'll give it a go. I had the upper dash off when I put the Kenwood in. Bottom can't be much harder.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,386 Posts
Ok thanks for the info.I'll give it a go. I had the upper dash off when I put the Kenwood in. Bottom can't be much harder.
The bottom will be a snap if you have done the top.:)

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trust me I use those a lot. I'm gaining knowledge every day on this truck. Doesn't have a bunch of miles on it,but the others haven't taken the best of care of it.It's found a forever home now. I'm just fixing up the little things to suite me. Not big things,but man the parts,for good quality like new stuff,is a metric ass-ton of money. But I figure my wife and I saved for a lot of years.She was as tight as tree bark.Didn't want to spend much.It's for the kids. Well she passed on the 15th of June. The kids,all five of them,told me to enjoy myself and I'm trying.This little truck is my distraction.Still hurting,but if I don't wear the paint off of it,it gets me through the "lonelies".
So if I don't bug you all to tears,I'm asking what I don't know and can't find or figure out.Sorry for the long post.Just wanted to say thanks for being here guys and gals.Dave

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,386 Posts
Dave,
I understand your situation all too well. This wonderful group has become my family over the past 12 years and they have helped me get through the loss of my wife in 2006. Spend all the time you can with the kids and spend the rest with us.0:)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Dave these trucks and people here are a great distraction. The truck can give you hours of enjoyment either driving it, cleaning it or tinkering with it. The folks here are great people as well and can be a friend to talk to or a group to learn from. They are also always ready to lend a helping hand when it is needed.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the kind words.We have a big family.Lost a little girl back in 85. 5 living kids, 13 Grands and 11 Great Grands.Lots of support there.New friends that have been made here mean the same as some of my old friends. Here I've found a great bunch with a great amount of knowledge and helpfulness.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got cool enough today to tackle this project. A big thanks to Dicktaor for all the tutorials in the library.Piece of cake. Only took a couple of hours and now the dash looks like new. Like it should. Dragon,thanks for the parts and instructions you gave too.

Reactions: PokerGuy

·
Premium Member
5,851 Posts
Daverobertson, Welcome to the "Family" I see you are from Kansas, is Metric-ass ton the same as what they say here in Tenn. A sh--load.>:):laugh::smile2:. Hope to see you next year at the National rally. Just remember "Just ask"

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Swt ryd,yep same thing>:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts