Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked up Dicktator's file on removing the seats.I also looked at the truck and thought I could take them out without dismanteling the water fall deck.You can.All you have to do is pull up the door seal right by the slot where the seat belt attaches to the floor. Just the corner area. You can push the trim in just enough to get to the 50 torqx head bolt that holds the seat belt in. I had the seats out in about 15 minutes each. It was a whole lot easier to me than taking the chance of breaking the deck piece.A lot less work too. Reinstalling was just as easy.Just another way of doing it.

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
I too found an easier way I posted earlier.
Because I was recovering them I knew seat hoops had to come off. So I removed the hoops then a rubber grommet hiding two 10mm hex nuts to remove seat belts guides from seat. Less effort required then the T50 bolts.
I saw I could do same as you, but I thought this would be an easier method.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,429 Posts
Way to go, Dave!!!

You are learning "the process"......follow the steps laid out by the Forum Leaders and then apply your new knowledge. Very satisfying, isn't it? - :smile2:

★ - Keep it up and YOU will be our next R Guru!!!..........

<><><> images-8.jpeg <><><>​

Nice job, buddy! - :wink2:

=================
David :black:
images-41.jpeg - Or you could just be like me!!! - :glol

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
May also want to add the info about the airbags, disconnect and procedure in insure the airbag fault doesn’t come on after reinstallation.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir forgot that part. Hell I'm old and can't remember it all. LOL. Yes be sure and remove the airbag fuse.>:).

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
:nerd:
What am I missing here by perusing this posting. It starts out someone wants to pull the seats out (to recover them??), anyway, he finds a way to do it without messing with the waterfall parts.

Good plan, I can relate to not wanting to remove the waterfall parts........been there and done that.

But added posts talk about the air bags and pulling the fuse for them. What is the relationship here that I don't get...........Are ya telling me that you stand the chance to have the airbags deploy while removing the bucket seats.

Doesn't add up to me.:surprise:

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,822 Posts
Way to go, Dave!!!

You are learning "the process"......follow the steps laid out by the Forum Leaders and then apply your new knowledge. Very satisfying, isn't it? - :smile2:

Nice job, buddy!

So True! SSR How to Library is just the way WE did it, doesn't mean there is not a better way or easier way.

And yes, I am 83, time for your young bucks to take over.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Moscooter.....if you don’t deactivate the airbags you will need a GM Tech ll programmer to extinguish the airbag fault light. Probably a $125 procedure at GM but that’s just a guess. I’ve removed seats and the complete dash without issues if you follow the flow to disable the airbags.

Dane

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,172 Posts
Moscooter remember the seats have side air bags in them, that is why you have to pull the air bag fuse.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
"I’ve removed seats and the complete dash without issues if you follow the flow to disable the airbags."

OK, your reply regarding removal of the whole dash (and needing to disable the airbags) I can understand that. But the need to the same just cause you are removing the seats.........still don't get it.

I assume there is indeed an electrical sensor/switch or whatever that ties the seats and airbags together somehow. It just would never have occurred to me to be at all concerned with the airbags during a bucket seat removal.

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Airbags are located on the sides of the seats and are tied into impact sensors located in the doors.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
:smile2:
OK, I had no idea the seats contained airbags in the sides as ya'all say.

I have no plans to remove the seats, and that's a good thing, cause if I did have plans to do so, (without having read this posting).............I'm thinking I just might have run into a problem
I hadn't bargained for......:surprise:

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Always happy to help inform....I’ve had all of the guts out in my R....stereo install, reupholstery, fat mat installation, stepper motor replacement and HURST shifter upgrade.

OLDxR

·
Tech Support/Research
1,710 Posts
Seat Removal

Another item to consider when removing seats is their position when disconnected from the truck's power. For example, if you plan to replace or even disconnect the driver's seat memory module, the seat position needs to be adjusted while still powered so that one of the lower steel crossmembers will not interfere with access to the module connectors or the space required to remove and reinstall the module.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I've pulled the fuse three times. Replaced radio. Also trimmed around the airbag dash console to aid if I ever have to pull dash apart again. Pulled when I replaced the steering wheel and this time when I removed the seats to be redone. Better safe than sorry.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
After being checked by Snomuncher on the airbag light.....then checking in with Autoprof......the light will extinguish without the use of the GM Tech ll. So NEVERMIND?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts