Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom is turning 50 this October.

For her 50th birthday, my dad and I wanted to do something special for her.

Well, since she's been drooling over the SSR, and my father and I can't afford to BUY one, we've decided to try to rent one for a weekend.

Here's the problem we're running into:

FINDING a place that rents them within San Diego.

I found a place called "Rent-A-Vette", but they don't seem to have any SSRs here in San Diego.

Anyone know where I can go rent one for a weekend?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Good Luck!

I had to go to Vegas to rent an SSR before I bought mine, rented from Rent A Vette, nice people but could not find a rental to save my life here in Los Angeles!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was afraid of.

While Vegas isn't too far from San Diego (only about 7 hours), what would be $300 or so for a weekend rental for an SSR would end up turning out to be $1k-$2k weekend, at least. :)

"Hey guys, can I go gamble at the Stardust? How about Circus Circus?"

My opinion is, if you rent a car like that, you drive it, not spend time inside a building away from the thing you've just dropped $$$ to rent.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Hey - I just did a quick check at RAV - SSR's not available FROM San Diego. BUT, if you pick up the SSR in Las Vegas, you can return the vehicle to San Diego. So, there you go - quick flight to Vegas, and a nice drive back to San Diego!!!

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Sweet!

Sprzout said:
My mom is turning 50 this October.

For her 50th birthday, my dad and I wanted to do something special for her.

Well, since she's been drooling over the SSR, and my father and I can't afford to BUY one, we've decided to try to rent one for a weekend.

Here's the problem we're running into:

FINDING a place that rents them within San Diego.

I found a place called "Rent-A-Vette", but they don't seem to have any SSRs here in San Diego.

Anyone know where I can go rent one for a weekend?

That is the sweetest thing! Nothing better than a husband and child thinking how special the woman in their life is! I hope someday she will be able to afford one of these. Wish her a HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY :party :party from and SSR owner her in Michigan aka hotrodgirl. I understand her need.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the cost of the flight to Vegas and the drive back...it'd kill us, because you only get 100 mi. per day. Vegas is well over 100 mi. from San Diego. :)

And we're kind of a spoiled car family as it is. She drives my dad's Harley-Davidson F150 (he got a discount on it when he was working for Ford, and the SSR wasn't available then), she gets to go for rides in our 1967 Jaguar E-Type (she just rides in it; the "Armstrong" power steering on the rack & pinion steering is too much for her to handle, she says) and she's going to get to drive our 1974 Stingray Corvette that we just recently acquired.

She loves the styling of the SSR, which is one of the reasons why she wants to drive one; me, I'd rather drive the Vette.

Maybe next spring, when we go to Vegas, we'll rent her one, since RAV here in San Diego doesn't have one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts