Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

SS Owner, Not SSR But SS
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Pics up- Striped Running Boards

i didnt like the plastic top and put bedliner touch up paint from auto stores on the top of the 3 centers

i love the look and for me they turned out great
i will post pics once mounted

paint was PPG and Clear was dupont
bulldog for adhesion promoter on boards and engine cover

Attachments

SS Owner, Not SSR But SS
Discussion Starter #9
i will find the receipt tomorrow and list the paint and clear. used bulldog promoter as well

used Rust-Oleum Truck bed coating on the running board braces and top of the boards themselves
went on easy and dried fast and stopped rust too

SS Owner, Not SSR But SS
Discussion Starter #11
added 4 pics of the boards mounted and i had a bird crap on the drivers side 2 hours after i got it mounted

SS Owner, Not SSR But SS
Discussion Starter #13

Premium Member
That is classy! Nice idea.
I had followed Sharptoys advice and ordered from ebay a product called Forever Black. Amazing. It really brought the running boards back from ''chalky white crappy'' looking to better than new. I had used 3M restore black but it only lasted a month. Forever Black has been on for months and looks brand new. And its easy- just wipe on. Done.
I really didn't have the time to do a professional job like CJ n Shagy did. Maybe next time. :yesnod

Attachments

SSR Pit Crew
The rubber is only held on with 3M tape. I took mine off and had Lonnie lower and tuck them 3" so you don't drag your feet on them getting in and out.
Painted to match R and Linex bed liner on the ribs. Did this about 4yrs ago.

You can send your brackets to Lonnie, he has a fixture to cut and lower brackets. Sends them back and you do the install.

You did a good job, by the way.

Dicktator

1. Board removed and rubber.
2. Lonnie, Sinister Kustoms, reinstalling boards.
3. Boards are lowered & tucked 3" but do not touch the body of the R
4. Finished look
5. Looks lower but is not

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts