Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,071 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio.
Please update your profile indicating your hometown. Help May be around corner.
Are there any warning lights on?
Any codes in ABS system?
Any noticeable change in brake operation?

Also do a search for previous posts.
With more information I am sure there are people here that can help.

Again welcome to the site.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,375 Posts
Usually, this problem is caused by a cold solder joint on the ABS board. I, and others. can resolder the board for you in attempt to correct the problem. Out of a hundred or so brake units I have attempted to repair I have not been successful 3 times. In those rare cases you would need to send it to a company as sometimes there are components that fail. I could dig into the board more but I do not carry parts and cannot bench test the unit. I charge $20 to resolder, the professional companies are usually in the $100 range.

So basically you can take a chance at a lower cost for me or others to assist or pay the higher cost and just be done with it. Here is a company that I can vouch for that does good work - MyAirBags Provides ABS EBCM Kelsey Hayes 325 Repair

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,641 Posts
Hello, I need help.
my Ssr 2004 5.3 indicates an error.
repair braking system.
a person has an idea?
Thank you
That's good to know but I still couldn't figure out how to solve this problem yet.
Just curious----are y'all the same person or coincidence y'all are having the same problem?

·
Registered
2004 UV
1,111 Posts
After you get your ABS board fixed if that's the problem while you are under the truck you should put the ABS heat shield on to protect it from the heat of the catalytic converter, replace the plastic radiator support with the metal one and MOST importantly replace the linkage connector all of this can be ordered from Mike's Simple Engineering. Good luck with your R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts