Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems to me a while back one of the members indicated his daughter was copying the repair manual and would send a copy to those interested for the cost of reproduction. Has anyone received a copy? Does anyone remember who that was so I can contact them again?

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Rainwater said:
Seems to me a while back one of the members indicated his daughter was copying the repair manual and would send a copy to those interested for the cost of reproduction. Has anyone received a copy? Does anyone remember who that was so I can contact them again?
The guy you are looking for is Kermit. I received my copy less than a week after I ordered it. Very handy to have. I also believe Wildcat was making copies of the same book. The one I received from Kermit covers the 05.

Good luck,

bcbear
:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Kermit is the one. I received mine right away and it does give a lot of information about all the model years :thumbs

·
Registered
416 Posts
Digital version?

I don't have one of these repair manuals, but if I did, I'd scan it into an Adobe Acrobat (pdf) document and make it available for download...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JAustin said:
I don't have one of these repair manuals, but if I did, I'd scan it into an Adobe Acrobat (pdf) document and make it available for download...
WOW that would entail a huge amount of scanning! I have contacted both Kermit and Wildcat about the situation.

Thanks for the reply....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Huge amount of scanning

Rainwater said:
WOW that would entail a huge amount of scanning!
... no more so than copying, with the right equipment. I have a scanner at home with an automatic document feeder (a leftover from my days as the owner of a printing business).

Just feed the pages in, in sets of 25 or so, and the PDF document is automatically generated. No more labor-intensive than running the pages through a copier!

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Rainwater said:
WOW that would entail a huge amount of scanning! I have contacted both Kermit and Wildcat about the situation.

Thanks for the reply....

It is not so big that it would take much time to scan...probably could be complete in no more than 30 mins...maybe less!

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
JAustin said:
... no more so than copying, with the right equipment. I have a scanner at home with an automatic document feeder (a leftover from my days as the owner of a printing business).

Just feed the pages in, in sets of 25 or so, and the PDF document is automatically generated. No more labor-intensive than running the pages through a copier!
I can send you a copy for that. I tried to scan it once and the bleed through on the telephone type paper made if very unclear. PM me I will be back in town Tues. :seeya

·
Registered
416 Posts
Will do

wildcat66 said:
I can send you a copy for that. I tried to scan it once and the bleed through on the telephone type paper made if very unclear. PM me I will be back in town Tues. :seeya
Sure, send it over to me, and I'll run it through my scanner and produce a PDF of it.

Is there any place on this forum to post the PDF file for downloading? (And would doing so violate any copyright infringement?)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dont send kermit your money for the parts manual. I sent him money over a month ago with no response. He also doesn't respond to my emails to him. BE CAREFUL Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mike454 said:
Dont send kermit your money for the parts manual. I sent him money over a month ago with no response. He also doesn't respond to my emails to him. BE CAREFUL Mike
Wildcat is sending me a copy and he saz just $3.00 for shipping and all. Just got a reply from him this morning.

Thanks for the heads up though!

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
She

Rainwater said:
Wildcat is sending me a copy and he saz just $3.00 for shipping and all. Just got a reply from him this morning.

Thanks for the heads up though!
Wildcat66 is a she. And I might add, a lady. Very nice SSR Babe.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lloger said:
Wildcat66 is a she. And I might add, a lady. Very nice SSR Babe.
I beg her pardon!!!! Hey lloger how the heck are you? Won't be long till we will be back in the desert. Perhaps we can hook up again this fall!!! Anything new on your Sling Shot?

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Rainwater said:
I beg her pardon!!!! Hey lloger how the heck are you? Won't be long till we will be back in the desert. Perhaps we can hook up again this fall!!! Anything new on your Sling Shot?

Steve
Hi Steve. I've done a few things to it. Lowered, Hotchkis sway bars, color coded running boards, Axiom grill. I'm going to have to do a new Avatar to reflect the changes. Let me know when you get back out to the desert and we'll meet up for lunch again. Gerry and I are doing just fine, staying busy with SSR events. You missed a good one at The Irwindale Speedway. See you in the fall.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lloger said:
Hi Steve. I've done a few things to it. Lowered, Hotchkis sway bars, color coded running boards, Axiom grill. I'm going to have to do a new Avatar to reflect the changes. Let me know when you get back out to the desert and we'll meet up for lunch again. Gerry and I are doing just fine, staying busy with SSR events. You missed a good one at The Irwindale Speedway. See you in the fall.
Loyd: Be sure to say hi to Gerry..... Did you use the Ground Force kit? If so, did you put it on yourself? How difficult was it? Do you like it? I want to do that but I am concerned about losing the ride!

Ordering headers, Magna Charger, etc., on Monday!

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Rainwater said:
Loyd: Be sure to say hi to Gerry..... Did you use the Ground Force kit? If so, did you put it on yourself? How difficult was it? Do you like it? I want to do that but I am concerned about losing the ride!

Ordering headers, Magna Charger, etc., on Monday!

Steve
Hotchkis Performance used my SSR for the prototype for the springs and sway bars, but decided not to go on production on the springs. They are selling the sway bars thru Summit Racing. Several people have used the Ground Force Kit, and they have posted that it rides better than stock. Do a seach for 'lowering' and 'Ground force springs'. You might come up with something.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The service manual cost $135 from Helms, it must weigh about 10 pounds (two volumes, must be over a couple of thousand of pages). To scan a document of this size would probably take a 100 hours and result in a file of multiple gigabits. I can assure you the $135 is cheap for the amount of information in the GM manual. The dealers have a CD version that might be available.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Plus, and I hate to be the naysayer, but isn't the manual copyrighted? Now, don't all hate me at once. Its just that here, on this public forum, y'al should not be talking about copying stuff.

On the other hand.... Email me if one becomes available.

135 is cheap for the manual, but having it available on my laptop would be nice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts