Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for replacement shocks for 2004 SSR that have a good ride. What brand is recommended? Suggestions, please?

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,779 Posts
Bilstein Touring Shocks from Simple Engineering.
These make a huge improvement in the SSR ride, Mike Moro worked with Bilstein for this SSR specific application. If you try to buy Front shocks any where else they most likely will not fit because they are made for the Trailblazer and will make the front of your SSR sit 2" higher.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
881 Posts
I agree with @Texasbaehr , go with the Bilsteins from Simple Engineering. I’ve run both the touring and sport versions and like them both. Both versions will greatly improve the ride and handling.

And if you are thinking about lowering your R, changing your shocks is the perfect time

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,792 Posts
Bilstein Touring Shocks from Simple Engineering.
These make a huge improvement in the SSR ride, Mike Moro worked with Bilstein for this SSR specific application. If you try to buy Front shocks any where else they most likely will not fit because they are made for the Trailblazer and will make the front of your SSR sit 2" higher.
To be exact, it is the Bilstein "Sport" shocks that were released recently. These were the ones that I we provided a test vehicle to Bilstein Engineering in San Diego. They have a fabulous ride.

If you are wanting more of a highway cruiser ride, go with the "Touring" selection. They are the ones that were optional on the Trailblazers. I've been selling them(with slightly modified ride height for the front) for a number of years and have had great reviews.

Regards,

Mike

·
SSR Believer
1,125 Posts
Looking for replacement shocks for 2004 SSR that have a good ride. What brand is recommended? Suggestions, please?
? Hi @embeev4742 and welcome from the Northwest's play land.

You've come to the right place. There's a huge community of owners here that can help you find parts, troubleshoot issues and otherwise offer great support.

In the meantime, here are a few links that you'll find invaluable:

Replacement and after-market parts and accessories from @Mike in AZ:

Trouble shooting and DIY repairs from @Dicktator

SSR DIY and other videos from @shiftz33:

Tell us a little more about yourself and your ride. In the meantime, enjoy your PermaGrin!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts