Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original battery on my 2004 lasted eight years and the second I have just replaced after six years here in Florida. Always kept on a battery tender if not going to be driven for a few days. Although Dicks advice to replace every three years is probably the best way to go.

Have seen threads where owners are worried about losing settings.

In my experience where the battery has been removed for a couple of days, when the new battery is installed nothing has been lost not even radio presets.

So seems not to be any problems or concerns for anyone changing out their battery apart from lying on your back to install the battery!:surprise:

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
:smile2:

If you go to Amazon and pony up for a expensive set of Race Ramps, you can back that baby right up in the air where by laying on a creeper, R&R of the battery becomes a much easier task.:grin2:

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,594 Posts
Have seen threads where owners are worried about losing settings.

In my experience where the battery has been removed for a couple of days, when the new battery is installed nothing has been lost not even radio presets.

So seems not to be any problems or concerns for anyone changing out their battery:
===========================
Totally agree with you, OTC. - :smile2:

The OE battery on my 2006 R was 9 y.o. when I replaced it just for peace of mind. I never had any problems with any resetting at all. It certainly is nice when things just fall into place the way they should. - <<sigh>> - :wink2:

===============
David :black:
:banana :thumbs

·
MY05SSR
2005 Aqua Blur, 6 speed
685 Posts
Battery

If you go to Amazon and pony up for a expensive set of Race Ramps, you can back that baby right up in the air where by laying on a creeper, R&R of the battery becomes a much easier task.:grin2:
I used a transmission jack to lift new battery up after lifting out old battery by hand (it wasn't pretty). I bought R last November and didn't know how old the battery was (no date stamp) and I'm getting it ready for Warner Robins

·
Tech Support/Research
1,740 Posts
Battery Replacement

When the battery is replaced some settings will be retained but those related to emissions will be lost. You will have to drive a few miles or follow a specific drive cycle to reset them. This is not an issue unless you need to have your truck emissions tested soon after replacing the battery, in which case the emissions tester will read that some sensors are in a "not ready" state for testing.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I used a transmission jack to lift new battery up after lifting out old battery by hand (it wasn't pretty). I bought R last November and didn't know how old the battery was (no date stamp) and I'm getting it ready for Warner Robins

Good idea. For the time being, personally I'm not yet in the market for a new battery. But when that time comes, I happen to have a couple of motorcycle jacks that are quite similar to transmission jacks and I can use one of those to R&R the battery then.:grin2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts