Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I have a 04 and when I acquired the truck the bed carpeting was missing. I was able to source the bed area carpet... But... I believe there are still some pieces missing. I have large amounts of water in the bed area... Of course, it is Seattle... The vertical seals on the body side that seal the tailgate, do they go all the way to the bed floor? I have an approx 3/8" gap and water drains into the hinge well and as far as I can tell there is no drain in the Driverside well and the passenger side is open to the underside of the truck. Around the hinges is there a piece that prevents items from falling into the hinge well? Does anyone have pictures of the areas mentioned? or can take them and post them?
THANKS!
Cruz

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,347 Posts
Good morning, I have a 04 and when I acquired the truck the bed carpeting was missing. I was able to source the bed area carpet... But... I believe there are still some pieces missing. I have large amounts of water in the bed area... Of course, it is Seattle... The vertical seals on the body side that seal the tailgate, do they go all the way to the bed floor? I have an approx 3/8" gap and water drains into the hinge well and as far as I can tell there is no drain in the Driverside well and the passenger side is open to the underside of the truck. Around the hinges is there a piece that prevents items from falling into the hinge well? Does anyone have pictures of the areas mentioned? or can take them and post them?
THANKS!
Cruz
Hopefully some of the NW SSR group will chime in here. There are several in the Washington/ Oregon area and they are always getting together for a meet and greet when the weather is nice. It might serve you better to compare live vehicles rather than hope a picture gives a true perspective. Good luck, SOON!

You might want to introduce yourself in the Pacific Northwest Forum and add a link to this thread by copy and paste the (permalink) in the upper right corner of the first post.

·
Tech Support/Research
1,667 Posts
Tailgate and Hinge Seals

Here are photos of the corner seals on a 2005. The earlier 2003 and 2004 SSRs did not use the small seal just to the rear of the hinge, next to the sill plate. This was recognized as an area prone to leakage so it was added to later production SSRs and owners who did not have them added their own to accomplish the same if they had leaks in the corners.

If you can look down at your hinge and see the ground you are missing the plastic hinge shield that was installed at the factory to prevent dirt from entering the bed and hinge pivot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Snomuncher... I do have that small seal in place. I will need to try and address where else the water is coming in at. Do you have the passenger side plastic for the hinge?

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Bill Nice to have a fellow SSR in the Oly area! I own Cruzers Automotive on Pacific and Fones Rd. here in Oly... I will try and give you a call!
Cruz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts