Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall, my battery died so I bought a new one and removed the old. The SSR sat for 7 months without a battery. I installed the new battery yesterday and nothing seems to be right. My battery dash light, ABS and one other light are on in the dash. My radio (aftermarket) is acting up and my windows aren't indexing. I've looked through the subjects in this forum for instructions and I've been through Diktator's extensive instruction library but to no avail. Can someone point me to instructions to get this SSR back on the road (I miss my permagrin). Thanks.:ssr

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Check your grounds

Make sure you check the ground cable for corrosion at the battery and at the frame end of the cable where it bolts to the frame on the passenger side.......
Cruz

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
Jerry ... :frown2: :frown2: :frown2: this is a Bummer ... no, it's a Double Bummer, more :frown2: 'S

Here's a far out, dumb, stupid, outrageous, cost prohibitive suggestion ... trailer it down to Todd's Complete Auto Care here in Murfreesboro and I'll guarantee you Todd &/or "Cy" will have it up and runnin' by "sundown" that is, if it doesn't need some hard to get part. ... 615 962 9050 for an appointment :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Bob "t-dog" Alexander :ssr :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,182 Posts
Changed Battery! Change IGNITON SWITCH!!

EVERYTHING GOES THRU INGNITION SWITCH!

Dicktator

Good practice to change ignition switch whenever you change Battery, I also change Neg. Battery Cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts