Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In need of the retractable roof/door module, GM part number 15134308. Discontinued part. Anyone parting out a 2004 SSR that might have one?

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
In need of the retractable roof/door module, GM part number 15134308. Discontinued part. Anyone parting out a 2004 SSR that might have one?
What kind of problem are you having? There are several cause and effects for roof issues. May want to be sure before you change it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did have it checked out by the Chevrolet dealership here. That's how I found out which part we need.

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
A dealer is that last one I would rely on to trouble shoot these trucks.
There was just a discussion about how many cars a dealer had to sell to even qualify for one SSR the first year. Yes, that eased up later when the inventory built up, but the training seminars for the techs were that first year. A lot of dealers wouldn't pay for their techs to go for SSR training since they didn't expect to sell any.

Over the last dozen years, the knowledge accumulated, and documented, on this site, has been able to cut costs and headaches for owners that dealers had given up on or wanted to replace expensive parts hoping that would work.

I may be wrong, the written word is tricky to feel but I'm getting the vibe, look the dealer said this is the problem so just tell me where I can get the damn thing.
If I'm misreading you I apologize, but if I'm right I'm saying give the smart guys on here a chance to troubleshoot it by posting in the technical forum and answering their questions. With complete answers it often happens in a couple days but coming up on Christmas it will probably take longer.

The dealer may be right, but trying to track down an expensive piece of unobtainium that you may not need, I don't think is the best choice.
Merry Christmas.:seeya

·
BLU SSR
3,537 Posts
A dealer is that last one I would rely on to trouble shoot these trucks.
There was just a discussion about how many cars a dealer had to sell to even qualify for one SSR the first year. Yes, that eased up later when the inventory built up, but the training seminars for the techs were that first year. A lot of dealers wouldn't pay for their techs to go for SSR training since they didn't expect to sell any.

Over the last dozen years, the knowledge accumulated, and documented, on this site, has been able to cut costs and headaches for owners that dealers had given up on or wanted to replace expensive parts hoping that would work.

I may be wrong, the written word is tricky to feel but I'm getting the vibe, look the dealer said this is the problem so just tell me where I can get the damn thing.
If I'm misreading you I apologize, but if I'm right I'm saying give the smart guys on here a chance to troubleshoot it by posting in the technical forum and answering their questions. With complete answers it often happens in a couple days but coming up on Christmas it will probably take longer.

The dealer may be right, but trying to track down an expensive piece of unobtainium that you may not need, I don't think is not the best choice.
Merry Christmas.:seeya
Merry Christmas! The best present you can give yourself and your SSR is to take Bruce's advice and give the members a chance to help you. I have/had great confidence in my local dealer , BUT when it comes to SSR's they don't have a clue unless it is a power train issue. PLEASE listen to the advice given here , These guys are amazing and are willing to help. :blur::ssr

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I have to agree 100 per cent . About 6 or 7 years ago I had a dealer in Florida claim that I needed a Roof Door Mod. Had one overnight KEPT IT IN THE BOX PLANNING TO INSTALL When we got to the Key West SSR Rally I found a great CANADA SSR MEMBER and claimed that all I need to do was to pull & turn around 2 different fuses in the console, in 2 min. he fixed my problem .BINGO THE WINDOW began working again .

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,614 Posts
Avasquez Listen to all above, and-----Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", click "New Member section", click "Post New Thread" and introduce Yourself!!

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
214 Posts
Fuses flipping

Which 2 fuses? I have had a issue with my drivers side window not locating it's self. I end up with opening door & window not dropping to clear weather strip on top. Then closing both the door & top does not align. With top down I get a alarm that top is not locked? Mostly on bumpy roads. So? What are the fuses to change? Are you flipping fuse or replacing it? I have a similar problem with my winter beater. 1991 Chrysler Imperial has many fuses that control many things. The radio fuse for bass booster does not always stay in fuse location. Have to flip fuse to get radio to work. Windows are another problem that the fuses do not maintain a contact or the switches get wet or loose from slamming drivers door shut.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,951 Posts
Which 2 fuses? I have had a issue with my drivers side window not locating it's self. I end up with opening door & window not dropping to clear weather strip on top. Then closing both the door & top does not align. With top down I get a alarm that top is not locked? Mostly on bumpy roads. So? What are the fuses to change? Are you flipping fuse or replacing it? I have a similar problem with my winter beater. 1991 Chrysler Imperial has many fuses that control many things. The radio fuse for bass booster does not always stay in fuse location. Have to flip fuse to get radio to work. Windows are another problem that the fuses do not maintain a contact or the switches get wet or loose from slamming drivers door shut.
Windows not indexing is Door Latch/Lock Module which should be replaced. That will correct "non" indexing of windows. Can't buy new one, discontinued but I and Dragon2U rebuild them.

Top down "roof ajar" is HES switch alignment and or "hold down" in roof compartment is are adjustable.

Fuses for Roof "up" and Roof "down" are located in rear fuse box, upper left side.

They are the same, remove and change locations may/will help contacts. Fuse/Relay has been is same spot for 12/15yrs.

ALL fuses Relays should be pulled one by one cleaned and replaced to insure proper contact.

Information on most of these problems on SSR How to Library:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

1. Door Latch/Lock Module, this may be why window is not indexing.
2. Door Latch/Lock contact for window detent.
3. Rear Fuse Box located behind passenger seat.
4. Layout on back of fuse box cover, top relays are UP and DOWN relays.
5. Silver Relays at top are the UP/DOWN relays for roof.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
I will check the fuses & relays when it gets warmer. I have all the parts for drivers door I bought to replace cracked window from a attempted theft of my SSR. I will have a lot of work on my SSR to do next year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just an FYI for everyone, we had a second shop go through the vehicle, all fuses and such. He also said from all of his testing that the Module was completely dead.

And yes, it is a shop we trust wholeheartedly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts