Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if many people know it but Pontiac G6 is coming out soon with a top that goes down and into the trunk just lke the SSR. When you look at the roof of it it reminds you of the SSR with the rubber divides in the rooof. It looks great might give up my HHR for it. I think it should be out in a few months. Volvo is going to do the same thing but not as soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pontiac dealers in my area (Tampa Bay) are taking orders for the new G6. Expected delivery end of March/April with a starting price of 28k

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes; But.......

The roofs on these cars take up the trunk space when the top is down. With the SSR it's top down with all of your luggage.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
PocoToro said:
The roofs on these cars take up the trunk space when the top is down. With the SSR it's top down with all of your luggage.
Indeed the SSr top is one of a kind. No car or truck that I know of has such a stacking system where the top has its own compartment.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Trading an HHR for a G6??? Are you ok????

The HHR is a stylin' ride. And amazingly cheap. I was amazed at the quality and the fit and finish when I first saw one. I would buy one immediately; I just don't need it in any way.

$28k for a G6...think about all those Grand Am's sitting in junkyards that people have forgotten, never really cared about, never really "lusted" for...and all that hard-earned time and money that went into purchasing them.

Not that I'm giving my opinion on what to do! :bs

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ggoat!!! said:
Trading an HHR for a G6??? Are you ok????

The HHR is a stylin' ride. And amazingly cheap. I was amazed at the quality and the fit and finish when I first saw one. I would buy one immediately; I just don't need it in any way.

$28k for a G6...think about all those Grand Am's sitting in junkyards that people have forgotten, never really cared about, never really "lusted" for...and all that hard-earned time and money that went into purchasing them.

Not that I'm giving my opinion on what to do! :bs
Yep I'm OK. Just gave it to my son a few months ago a 20 yr old Pontiac 6000 SE. Had 47,000 miles on it. The body was in need of some rust repair but it always ran. Got it from my mother about 10 yrs ago and she got it from my grandmother who along with her husband lived in Pontiac Michigan where he was a supervisor for GM. The car only got about 2000 miles on it a year when she had it.

Like I said if you see the new Pontiac G6 convertible you'll see why it reminds me of the SSRs top. Instead of stacking vertically it stacks horizontally. My HHR is nice but I think that G6 convertible is going to sell and yes more than our SSRs I'm sorry to say.

:smash :smash :smash :smash :smash :smash​

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kwhopper89 said:
Plus, dont overlook the OBVIOUS benefit of the G6 over the Sky/Soltice - 4 passengers! Sorry, but that benefit just does not make it come close to the SSR!:thumbs

I hope the G6 sells well...
You're 100% right. As far as I'm concerned nothing comes before my 06 Black Tie which I gave up a black 2004 350Z with only 2400 miles for

:smash :smash :smash :smash :smash :smash​

1 - 10 of 10 Posts