1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
I’m not sure I want to give up my system for the retro look. These seem to be single din radios that would require a blank space around it to compensate for the factory double din opening. Just my two cents?

OLDxR

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,002 Posts
Not going to tell you NOT to buy, but here is my experience. I purchased one of these retro radios (link: USA-740) for my 1951 Chevy Truck and it turned out to be less than spectacular in function. The Bluetooth was spotty and the volume output was so low that the volume had to be set to MAX in order to hear it at all. The volume knob would spin, but the volume would not go UP, sometimes it would actually go DOWN. I was very frustrated in trying to get the volume to stay at one setting, it seemed to have a mind of its own. The dial light in the radio did not have a wire to connect to the dash dimmer rheostat, so there was no dimmer function. The dial light remained on BRIGHT at all times and at night it was extremely bright and distracting. I would NOT buy another.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carl,
That link that you noted states that they offer a 2 year warranty on all radios. Did you return yours?

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
This subject has probably been brought up before, but being a newbie I didn't find it. Anyhow, I thought it would be pretty cool to replace my factory radio with one that gives out more of the retro vibe that our cars possess. Below is a link to one (if it can be made to fit). Any other retro style radios that you know of would be welcome.

https://www.carid.com/antique-automobile-radio/am-fm-classic-car-radio-with-bluetooth.html
I had bought a RetroSound radio for my 1966 C10 however it didn’t work on most the functions and when I talked to the manufacturer they claim it was because it was getting interference from the HEI ignition system and suggested that it be mounted under the seat. So I ended up sending the original radio to the company in the following link and he converted to all the latest features. LOVE IT WORKS PERFECTLY!

R and B Vintage Radio Home

1 - 5 of 5 Posts