Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been several threads about re-doing running boards so I thought I'd throw what I did into the mix. I had the rubber tread removed and had them sprayed with rhino bed lining spray. The truck won't win a concours contest, and some may hate the look, but I gotta say, I love the look and they are tough as nails. Oh, and it cost about about $100 to do the whole job.

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,371 Posts
There is a place here that does LINEX in the color of your vehicle. I like the way yours looks very much in the black. Mine are yellow and always end up with a few black heal marks on them even when careful your feet seem to drag across them a little. Looks good.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Augie.

The black gives it a little more utilitarian look but you'll never see scuff marks!

I believe Linex and Rhino bed lining about the same thing. True?

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,371 Posts
LiINEX brag is a different application pressure so theirs always stays shinny and they can do black or mach your vehicle color. Have seen a few pickups around with the rocker panels done or the lower body panels done in color and it looks good. I have Rhino lining in work truck bed and I noticed it gets sort of a silvery white after awhile. If you take dawn dish soap and a brush it cleans that film right off back to black. LINEX says theirs does not do that. Don't know if that is true or not but I do like the way it looks on yours. By the way did you have your stone guards carbon fiber dipped? Was thinking of having my rear wing dipped to look like carbon fiber. What do you think?

·
Crazy Horse
666 Posts
I plan to use my plastic cover as a template and lay the template in its place then LINEX. Then a clear liner on the rear fendors due to rock chips on my clear coat.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,030 Posts
LiINEX brag is a different application pressure so theirs always stays shinny and they can do black or mach your vehicle color. Have seen a few pickups around with the rocker panels done or the lower body panels done in color and it looks good. I have Rhino lining in work truck bed and I noticed it gets sort of a silvery white after awhile. If you take dawn dish soap and a brush it cleans that film right off back to black. LINEX says theirs does not do that. Don't know if that is true or not but I do like the way it looks on yours. By the way did you have your stone guards carbon fiber dipped? Was thinking of having my rear wing dipped to look like carbon fiber. What do you think?
My first thought was how it would look if you also used the Rhino liner material on the stone guards to match the running boards.

Dave

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Augie... you got me thinking. I went back and looked at the stuff they sprayed on my boards. It is Line-X!!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My first thought was how it would look if you also used the Rhino liner material on the stone guards to match the running boards.

Dave
Dave, I might do that at some point. There's an SSR here in Albuquerque that has the rock guards sprayed with the stuff. He also has the front sprayed like a bra. The rock guards are fine but the front is too much in my opinion.

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,371 Posts
Dave, I might do that at some point. There's an SSR here in Albuquerque that has the rock guards sprayed with the stuff. He also has the front sprayed like a bra. The rock guards are fine but the front is too much in my opinion.
I don't care for it but on a positive note, no stone chips.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,371 Posts
Augie... you got me thinking. I went back and looked at the stuff they sprayed on my boards. It is Line-X!!
You should be good to go. Like the look. All the new Corvettes, Cadillac's, etc. Have the carbon fiber pieces on them and I really like that look. I was thinking, front spoiler/splitter, rear wing and maybe a few other parts. There is a guy here that does the Carbon Fiber dip and then clear coats it and it looks awesome.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You should be good to go. Like the look. All the new Corvettes, Cadillac's, etc. Have the carbon fiber pieces on them and I really like that look. I was thinking, front spoiler/splitter, rear wing and maybe a few other parts. There is a guy here that does the Carbon Fiber dip and then clear coats it and it looks awesome.
A little carbon fiber bling would look good on your yellow ride. An I've heard the dip process is a good way to go. :smile2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts