Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Congratulations to Snomuncher for the April win!

After this month, I will start trying to incorporate themes to keep things fresh. So for this month, feel free to enter whatever photos you'd like.

-Mike
I really appreciate that you brought this back. I do however have an issue with the voting process. I would much prefer to vote for ONE, but only AFTER i have seen all of the submissions.
I guess I didn't read everything and I did not vote correctly during the April contest. I actually voted for more than one and didn't even see that last one submitted.

So maybe instead of working to add a THEME to next month's contest - change the voting instead.

ANYBODY else agree?

·
Administrator
1,729 Posts
Congratulations to Snomuncher for the April win!

I really appreciate that you brought this back. I do however have an issue with the voting process. I would much prefer to vote for ONE, but only AFTER i have seen all of the submissions.
I guess I didn't read everything and I did not vote correctly during the April contest. I actually voted for more than one and didn't even see that last one submitted.

So maybe instead of working to add a THEME to next month's contest - change the voting instead.

ANYBODY else agree?
Nothing is going to change for this month. HOWEVER, I'm treating May as the real test for this and then I'll evaluate, read feedback and update the rules / contest going forward come June. What works on some sites, isn't a good fit on other sites, and I am definitely mindful of that. I just need one more month to dig in and look at how everything plays out.

In terms of voting, I will do a much better job this month of being active in this thread, reminding folks how everything works, etc. I kind of dropped the ball on that for April. But being that it was the first ROTM in some time, I can't fault things too much. Keep the feedback coming though and do believe that I read everything that is typed out and will use that to shape the contest going forward.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,040 Posts
Agree with @Autoprof. I usually "Like" ALMOST any/all photos---because I enjoy seeing photos put appreciate folks taking the time to post pictures. On the April "Ride of the Month" I didn't realize I was voting by clicking "Like" and I know a number of us "Liked" more than one--so maybe vote like previous format??!!

Nick

·
Two Tone Owner
2,832 Posts
Agree with @Autoprof. I usually "Like" ALMOST any/all photos---because I enjoy seeing photos put appreciate folks taking the time to post pictures. On the April "Ride of the Month" I didn't realize I was voting by clicking "Like" and I know a number of us "Liked" more than one--so maybe vote like previous format??!!

Nick
I AGREE!

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR ROTM WINNER SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,617 Posts
Yes I’m guess I’m in the one vote per member category. Hard as it can be to decide. Me voting for 3 different ones just doesn’t seem to be a good idea and yes I’m guilty of voting multiple times.
Trying to decide when to enter our new to us 1 of 74 pacific blue to see if a one vote per member is required. If not I’ll be happy to enter with the vote for as many as you like. Shot if I loose I could reenter in June 😃

·
Administrator
1,729 Posts
Like I said, this is the real test month. If ultimately no one wants the "using likes to vote", no problem. We can either go back to using polls (which comes with its own problems) or we can figure out a system that everyone agrees on.

-Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts