Chevy SSR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ride of the Month returns! April ROTM Submission Thread

9K views 56 replies 21 participants last post by  Administrator 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the (revived) SSR of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below:
  1. You can add up to 5 Photos. No collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all "legal" modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. You must currently own the vehicle being entered.
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your vehicle, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your vehicle.*
  5. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  6. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Good luck!

-Mike

See less See more
#14 ·
If someone wanted to PM me a list of winners, I should be able to add the banner back for them today or tomorrow. I need to wrap up a few projects and I won't have time to go through all the previous winners this week. If you all are fine waiting, then I should be able to get it all done hopefully by end of day Friday.

-Mike

#8 ·
Welcome to the (revived) SSR of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below:
  1. You can add up to 5 Photos. No collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all "legal" modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. You must currently own the vehicle being entered.
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your vehicle, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your vehicle.*
  5. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  6. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Good luck!

-Mike
Sounds great but your link goes to the Cummings Forum and they could probably care less about our little trucks. 😉

#12 ·
Now we need some entries, And some answers.

Reactions: HUAW and Firetruck
#17 ·
List sent

#20 ·
we don't need pictures of you, just the truck!

#29 ·
OOPS! I saw it as a question about why his name was not on the list. Mike had sent me a note to let me know that we were all there but there was a coding error or something so it was a simple switch to make it show up as it is now.I was hoping for something in the way of a sign on the ring of the Avatar, but that would be difficult if you did not deserve the ring. As far as I know you do not need to be a Premium member to be a RTOM.

Reactions: nj6969
#34 · (Edited)
Here's my entry for the revived ROTM contest. The brief story behind my path to ownership of this SSR: Back in 2014 I had just sold my silver SSR and was looking for another. I inquired about this red one when it was advertised for sale at a Connecticut Chevrolet dealer with 8000 miles on the odometer, but was told a deposit had just been taken on it. In 2018, I inquired about a low mileage red 2005 SSR for sale by a fanatic in Missouri. Surprisingly, it turned out to be that same truck and it is now back in Connecticut.

2005 Redline Red SSR with factory body color accent package

Exterior

-Fiberglass Ram Air Hood (early build without "Chevrolet" hood emblem recess)

-Metallic Silver Pinstriping

-Exterior chrome and polished accents: red chrome grille spear, chrome bowtie, fog light bezels, door handles, SSR tailgate letters and 1955 Chevy tailgate emblem

-19” and 20” Budnik Gasser 6 wheels on Atturo AZ800 tires

-Exterior LED lighting package

-Splash shields

-Detailed chassis

Engine Compartment

-Painted engine cover with “true flames”

-Factory airbox modified for higher flow

-K&N air filter element

-Underhood retractable cord utility light with LED

-Corvette Z06 cooling fan

-Onboard battery tender connection

-Polished hood struts

-Underside of hood painted in reflective silver

-Tune by Joe Delano

Mechanical

-Simple Engineering air dam, radiator support, front stiffener plate (painted red) and ABS heat shield

-Trailblazer box beam mid-chassis stiffener

-PML finned cast aluminum deep transmission pan

-PML finned cast aluminum differential cover

-Hotchkis heavy duty rear anti-sway bar

-Upgraded transmission shift linkage kit

-Battery relocation and underside spare tire

-Upgraded roof and cargo cover struts

Interior

-LED lighting, including LED courtesy footwell lights

-Ashtray converted to storage compartment

-Deep tinted side glass

-Clear plexiglass windscreen

-Real red oak cargo area strips

-LED cargo compartment lighting

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Truck Trunk Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.