Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
OP
8,236 Posts
One thing members could also themselves do is modify their title that appears under their avatar and show that they are ROTM winner...just a thought
The banner will only show up on your profile card (hovering over your avatar) or on your profile page. That is how the banner styles are set up across all of our sites. Unfortunately, I can't change it to show below your avatar but I can definitely see if its something I can do for this site specifically. No promises.

-Mike

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,965 Posts
From the back lot to the front row. I bought my 2005 out of Tucson AZ. a little over a year ago. It was sitting on the dreaded back lot and needed to be rescued. With a lot of Fanatics I did just that.
I flew out to pick it up after I reached out to @DOOPHUS to put eyes on it for me before I bought it. After I got it, I had planned on meeting up with @Mike in AZ to get some parts for later. This was a blessing because I found it had a dead fan and Mike jumped in and fixed it, with me getting in his way. It also had a bad connector on it which he had fixed in no time.

01bluetruck12.jpg

From here it was on to a corner in Winslow AZ.
01bluetruck11.jpg

If you notice the bra on it in this picture and it looks a little odd around the hood. That's because the hood was pushed in and emblem was missing. Like my wife says a good bra can do wonders sometimes.

On the trip I stopped in New Mexico and enjoyed a nice dinner with @wizzr. It is great to be able to visit with friends when you are passing through their town. I spent the night in NM and after updating my trip report on here, I checked the Facebook page. I got a big laugh because someone had posted the ad from the SSR being for sale. A couple of people went off on bashing it and saying it was a pile of crap and should be parted. I noticed that @HUAW stuck up for the truck and said it would make a nice truck with a little work. Little did he know that I had already bought it and he would have a little something to do with it as well.

I had bought some parts from his wrecked truck from the salvage yard that ended up with it, and quite a bit of my chrome interior came from his old truck.

I had already found the parts I needed for it before I made an offer on it and just had to gather them up and put it all back together. But first I wanted to make sure the roof was good. I bought it with a non working roof. I know big chance to take. I got home and put in a RDM and it worked with no issues.

I had gotten in touch with @oldxr and bought a hood and front bumper from him. The bumper was even Aqua Blur, the hood was black from his truck when he upgraded his. I tore my truck down and fixed everything except swapping the hood. I had pulled out the damaged one and had it looking pretty good so I left it on till I was ready to get it painted.

The next thing I found a hood here and it was even Aqua Blur. So off I went to Colorado to meet up with @TRNS4MR. I took my hood off for the trip and got some funny looks going down the highway hood less.

With help from his son, we put his old hood on and off I went. The truck looked pretty good now with the new parts but I knew I could make it even better. I was waiting for it to get warmed and then it was heading to the body shop to get everything painted to match. The hood had pinstripes on it and the bumper and fenders also had some rock chips.

Then @SWT RYD had the pictures of his truck after he got his paint work done and ceramic coating and that was the last push I needed. I dropped it off at the body shop to get it done.

So here is the before picture. Performance Auto Body in Imperial MO did their magic and it came out great.
Here is what it looks like today after I put it all back together. If you look at the at the reflection in the door you can see my 04 sitting off to the side.

I have lowered the front with Belltech shocks, replaced the upper control arms. I have the complete outer chrome package as well, but not got it all on yet. I am still going to paint the running boards and put on a set of lowered and tucked brackets, I worked over after getting them from another member here @Knightranger. Not only did I get the brackets from him I bought one of my other trucks from him.

The accessory gauges have a custom painted housing that I got from member @SSR6SPD who got it from a friend of his from Dallas who passed away. It has some really nice custom work in it.

It has a SE heat shield, heater hoses, shifter repair, and fan.
I currently have a 4 bolt Trail Blazer rear crossmember but will be adding a new custom aero designed one in the near future. I upgraded the interior with the full chrome package.

Future plans call for some custom built rear adjustable 4 bar set up and adjustable panard bar.
I want to add a front and a rear spoiler but waiting to see how I do with the front lowered like it is now. The rear one is very different from what everyone else does and just have to get it finished and painted.

I always say my stuff is never finished, because if they are I get bored and then they get replaced with something else. I think this one is a keeper and will be around for a long time. So while it may not be the best looking it has a storied history and a lot of Fanatics involvement. I probably missed a few others who have helped me with either parts or support and to them I apologize. @zoro1947 has helped me with so many parts and been a great friend and I have to mention him as well.

So this one is more about the story and the people then the good looks, but I think it has come a long way and am grateful to have saved her from the back lot to a front row truck now.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,245 Posts
Thanks for sharing the journey and all those that helped and encouraged you a long the way! Great job of adopting this now cool truck! 😎

Reactions: Trygodfirst

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts

Owned since new, shipped from Tampa Florida to Las Vegas Nevada. First smoothie grille done by ZZR with modified hood and hood emblem 2007. Custom flames by Paint and Piston in Ft Myers Florida 2013. Eibachs front and rear, MUTH mirrors, flow master 2007, custom interior with shaved front bolsters for the 60’s look 2019.Formato tune, Pioneer receiver with rear camera, LS7 throttle body, LS7 clutch upgrade, Colorado Custom wheels, cherry black out on all side markers with bow tie left unpainted, taillights as well. Brazilian wax off of all emblems. Upgraded fan from Mike as well as his lowered application bump stops. HURST a short throw shifter, 5” tips from Mike. GTO rear spoiler with the LED a third brake light which is great. Custom painted intake cover 2008 and fiberglass insulation panel in engine compartment 2009. 80,600 miles no speeding tickets but ticketed in Ashburn Georgia for window tint...city officer thought I might be transporting illegals! OLDxR means ”Old timer (X R)” I’m sure I’ve forgot other additions. Thanks for indulging in my story. FANATICS RULE. Air train horns!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 9/2106 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
28,914 Posts
One thing members could also themselves do is modify their title that appears under their avatar and show that they are ROTM winner...just a thought
An excellent idea. It is amazing how much info you can get in that little space.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
3,019 Posts
View attachment 593389 View attachment 593390 View attachment 593391 View attachment 593392 View attachment 593393
Owned since new, shipped from Tampa Florida to Las Vegas Nevada. First smoothie grille done by ZZR with modified hood and hood emblem 2007. Custom flames by Paint and Piston in Ft Myers Florida 2013. Eibachs front and rear, MUTH mirrors, flow master 2007, custom interior with shaved front bolsters for the 60’s look 2019.Formato tune, Pioneer receiver with rear camera, LS7 throttle body, LS7 clutch upgrade, Colorado Custom wheels, cherry black out on all side markers with bow tie left unpainted, taillights as well. Brazilian wax off of all emblems. Upgraded fan from Mike as well as his lowered application bump stops. HURST a short throw shifter, 5” tips from Mike. GTO rear spoiler with the LED a third brake light which is great. Custom painted intake cover 2008 and fiberglass insulation panel in engine compartment 2009. 80,600 miles no speeding tickets but ticketed in Ashburn Georgia for window tint...city officer thought I might be transporting illegals! OLDxR means ”Old timer (X R)” I’m sure I’ve forgot other additions. Thanks for indulging in my story. FANATICS RULE.
Love those wheels Dane!👍

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the (revived) SSR of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below:
  1. You can add up to 5 Photos. No collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all "legal" modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. You must currently own the vehicle being entered.
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your vehicle, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your vehicle.*
  5. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  6. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Good luck!

-Mike
Where is the link, I got nothin'

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,914 Posts
Where is the link, I got nothin'
You are there. Just reply to the thread with your entry. (5 pictures and your description of the vehicle) and at the end of the month the one with the most likes wins. You can go back through the thread to see the competition. If I counted correctly we have 4 right now.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,032 Posts
at the end of the month the one with the most likes wins.
Opps-----Didn't know/ remember that. How is that going to work with some of us "liking" more than one?!? Myself, I like almost ALL pictures :cool:------just like seeing pictures. May have to re-think the tabulation ?

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,914 Posts
I do not think there are any rules against voting for more than one. There was not in the old version of the contest.

·
Registered
2005 yellow SSR All optional equipment 8200 miles on vehcile
12 Posts

1. You can add up to 5 Photos. No collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your vehicle, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your vehicle.*
  6. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Good luck!

-Mike
2005 SSR, All avaiable accessories.
What I like the most is it only has 8000 mile on it

H. Oscar Schlenker
Registered · 76 · From Aberdeen, South Dakota, USA

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
707 Posts

Good luck!

-Mike
Kenn Garrison
@Garris1

We bought our nearly original SSR in June 2019. Our first trip was the drive home from Tampa to Maryland (first time in 14 years it's ever had a front license plate), a 1,600 mile trip. The next cruise was the International Rally in Branson for 2,300 miles. Then Maggie Valley in 2020 for another 1,500 mile trip.

Our R is meant for crusin' and crusin' we are with the 2021 Maggie Valley and International Rallies in this year's plans.

The only modifications are the slightly altered look to the stock wheels, blackened center hubs with a bullet caps. Also removed the Chevrolet hood emblem and blackened the indentation.

Added Simple-Engineering lowering springs for improved stance.

It also has the clear windsuppressor of @HUAW 's SSR. So it lives on another PremaGrin R.

With natural racing stripes over the hood, the windshield, and the top provided by the overhead lighting.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.