Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:|

Well, not real sure just how many of us may be effected, but where we live, is pretty much on the "target" zone.

We are not leaving............now that I know the most predicted path takes the storm somewhat North, I have elected to stay put. Our local area requires "passes" to get back into town. My wife got the passes, but it doesn't matter until (local authorities) DECIDE that they will allow you back into your own neighborhood.:frown2:

From what I've already heard, most major towns (inland) have already been "booked" as to motel/hotel/inn,,,,,,,,,,etc.

Need to get some more water, and maybe some ice, but do have ample booze on hand and plenty of beer too. Have a generator and (hopefully) extra ample gas if needed to run it.

Stay tuned for further updates................................:grin2:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Good luck. My cousin lives 2 miles from the beach in Myrtle. She grabbed the dog and headed west. Had to go to Kingsport, Tn to get someplace that would take the dog. Stay safe.

·
Premium Member
35,646 Posts

Well, not real sure just how many of us may be effected, but where we live, is pretty much on the "target" zone.

We are not leaving............now that I know the most predicted path takes the storm somewhat North, I have elected to stay put. Our local area requires "passes" to get back into town. My wife got the passes, but it doesn't matter until (local authorities) DECIDE that they will allow you back into your own neighborhood.:frown2:

From what I've already heard, most major towns (inland) have already been "booked" as to motel/hotel/inn,,,,,,,,,,etc.

Need to get some more water, and maybe some ice, but do have ample booze on hand and plenty of beer too. Have a generator and (hopefully) extra ample gas if needed to run it.

Stay tuned for further updates................................:grin2:
Sure hope lady luck is with you...are thoughts will be with you good luck

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,005 Posts
Good luck. Hope all goes well.

We used one of our vehicles as tanker for the generator during Rita when our gas stores depleted. Had other friends use their boats for the same. Considered the SSR for the same duty during Harvey as she was tucked away to where she couldn’t get out, but didn’t need it.

- Robert

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Well Moscooter if you decide to move out we'll be happy to put you up in NW Chicago area. If you do come, remember to DUCK coming through Chicago.
In any event, throw by best wishes in with all of the rest - you and yours stay safe! LAZY ONE

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,459 Posts
GOOD LUCK, Moscooter.

Hopefully you won't need it.

! :grouphug ! :angel ! :grouphug ! :angel ! :grouphug !

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,453 Posts
Well, Moscooter lets hope the storm is not as bad as predicted and we will keep you in our thoughts !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
266 Posts

Gook luck - this looks like the BIG ONE - Aunt and Uncle from Emerald Island, NC have evacuated and also friends in Myrtle Beach have gone to Pinehurst, NC - best of luck

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
moscooter
I just looked up your location on a map. I hope I'm wrong but if I were you ... I would sit down ... put my head between my legs ... and kiss my Azz goodbye. Good luck!!

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I had read that during Harvey last year that people that were flooded were pulling their interior doors and bridging them across furniture or cabinets and using them as shelving for everything down low.

Hope it doesn't happen but just a thought.

Worked in a flood house last Thursday, a year later.

Have a plan.

Larry

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Good Luck! Having lived in southern Louisiana & southern Mississippi most of my early life, I know it is always very unpredictable staying - 5 hurricanes total. Last one was Camille, we lived 3 blocks from the beach in Mississippi. Never again!!! You are in my prayers.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Best of Luck to You and Your Family. Living between Houston and Galveston for the past 40+ years, I have sat through three storms and evacuated for One. Stay Safe.

·
Registered
201 Posts
MoSco, I lived in NC for a long time long ago but I lived not too far from the border of SC. I can't remember experiencing extreme weather like we heard for the past few years. One of the things I loved about NC is the beauty of fall & spring--- that seems to stick out in my memory. I truly hope you stay safe. Thumbs up on "spirit essentials".

1 - 20 of 60 Posts