Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a notice from the Rimblades company. They are offering a big sale on PINK rimblades. There you go female SSR owners.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Rim Blades ?

R These the type that require the tire be deflated so that they can be attached to the rim? I thought of using these but was concerned about properly seating the tire to the rim after the Rim Blades were installed. What I did install were these, they also come in many colors and I think the offer them in PINK.:grin2:

These attach to the rims via a 3m adhesive tape attached to the back side of the RED vinyl / plastic strip. They held fast for more than 3 years then began to breakaway from the rim. Couldn't locate the original seller. There are many others selling these on the internet not sure about the quality of those.

"Long may you all run"

Attachments

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
R These the type that require the tire be deflated so that they can be attached to the rim? I thought of using these but was concerned about properly seating the tire to the rim after the Rim Blades were installed. What I did install were these, they also come in many colors and I think the offer them in PINK.:grin2:

These attach to the rims via a 3m adhesive tape attached to the back side of the RED vinyl / plastic strip. They held fast for more than 3 years then began to breakaway from the rim. Couldn't locate the original seller. There are many others selling these on the internet not sure about the quality of those.

"Long may you all run"
You can see them at www.rimbladesusa.com.

·
Crocksssr
39 Posts
Do NOT buy the ones on EBAY from Simply.car ($42.99)!!
On the way to Warner Robins Wednesday night the front drivers side came loose and beat the hell out of my fender. Then Friday on way to Lexington the front passenger side came loose and did the same thing to that fender. Removed the rear ones and contacted the company and they refunded my money.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,168 Posts
On the way to Warner Robins Wednesday night the front drivers side came loose and beat the hell out of my fender. Then Friday on way to Lexington the front passenger side came loose and did the same thing to that fender. Removed the rear ones and contacted the company and they refunded my money.
Are they going to fix the fender paint or can it be buffed out???

·
Super Moderator
13,973 Posts
Personal stuff, but I just don't like them buggers
I know a few owners have them and never mean to rain on anyone's parade, but they are butt ugly IMO
Sorry, and apologies to all that have gone to the effort and expense.
Just my opinion and I figure I am going to get some feedback from the rimblade lovers.

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personal stuff, but I just don't like them buggers
I know a few owners have them and never mean to rain on anyone's parade, but they are butt ugly IMO
Sorry, and apologies to all that have gone to the effort and expense.
Just my opinion and I figure I am going to get some feedback from the rimblade lovers.
Cash, I have them and I appreciate your opinion. But your thought about Butts. I seen some "FINE lookin BUTTS" in my lifetime.>:):surprise::wink2:

·
Super Moderator
13,973 Posts
Cash, I have them and I appreciate your opinion. But your thought about Butts. I seen some "FINE lookin BUTTS" in my lifetime.>:):surprise::wink2:
Yeah, me too! HaHa!
That would be MarcNY 2004 :silver: and a bunch of fine looking girls!
And I need to apologize again - just an opinion, that's all, don't mean to offend.

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
Comin' back from the Route 66 Mother Road Festival a couple of years ago, SWT RYD had one come loose on the front left crossing the bridge over the OHIO River. Called me "think I got a tire going down" so we pulled off after we got across the bridge ... thankfully it was only the Rimblade had come loose and was flapping !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Summer Heat

Yes that is what happened to me on the "Hot Rod Power Tour" high ambient temp and high speed driving weakened the adhesive and they separated from the rim. :surprise: I did no replace them used Fingernail polish remover to remove what was left on the rim. They did look nice for 3 years. Yes the flapping against the fender left smudges but the 109 coats of detailer protected the paint and polished right off.

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes that is what happened to me on the "Hot Rod Power Tour" high ambient temp and high speed driving weakened the adhesive and they separated from the rim. /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png I did no replace them used Fingernail polish remover to remove what was left on the rim. They did look nice for 3 years. Yes the flapping against the fender left smudges but the 109 coats of detailer protected the paint and polished right off.
Are you certain it was 109 coats.LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts