Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going on in our country? Do black lives matter? Yes! But so does every other life. So does decency, and respect for people and property. Sure, there are bad people in the world. We know that and do our best to deal with them. But this is nuts. I'm watching the news and my jaw is on the ground. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
A lack of respect for human life, property and fellow man. When people want to rush to judgement and make demands of the legal system, there is going to be a failure. There have been many cases of wrongful deaths by people that get tossed on technicalities or rushed to trial before all the facts and evidence can be looked at. If people would let the system work and charges brought that fit the crime, it would be better off. But so many times videos start taping after something started and things get missed or important facts get over looked and the case gets tossed.

Things now have gotten so out of hand that I don't know how they will get control over it now. Here in my area we have already had one rioter killed while trying to rob a Fed Ex truck. I hope that things calm down but not holding my breath. Everyone stay safe and avoid the crowds.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,147 Posts
Again no respect for anything. Sadly here in my area they are saying many of the people causing the problems, looting, rioting, arson is from out of the area.
That seems to be the case in a lot of places. We had some of the protesters take on an agitator who was shooting fireworks at the cops. Protesters were trying to live by the rules and the agitator was trying to trigger a fight. I really do not know how the cops held back but the legit protesters took care of it, eventually.

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
One the Atlanta news stations said that some of the people arrested were from out of town and had a card with a number to call if you were arrested

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
One the Atlanta news stations said that some of the people arrested were from out of town and had a card with a number to call if you were arrested
What makes things even worse is then there are celebrities going on social media and TV saying they support the protesters and will bail them out if they get arrested. How are they going to know if they were a protester or a rioter.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The more I look at this issue the more I have come to believe it's a no win situation. Protestors want no more racism. But racism is determined in the brain of any given individual and cannot be controlled by a government mandate. Trying to tell people what to think or feel is a guaranteed train wreck. History has proven that over and over. Right or wrong, racism exists. And it will continue in some fashion as long are there are humans on this earth. About all we can do is try to manage actions, not thoughts. But, evidently, that's not good enough for some people. Like I said, I think this is a no win situation.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
This is a continuation of the anarchism movement that has been all through history. Here they get a few protesters for a good and just cause to be useful idiots It is a interesting study from over the centuries. It continues today with the various funded groups as seen in Baltimore etal.. It seldom ends well, but it ends. Go back and study the 1870's and Kropofkin and then Galleani in the US in the pre and post WW1 era. It was a part of the reason for the Spanish Civil War.

It is now funded by a certain Hungarian and others which is ironic since they are globalists.

IMO

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
This is a continuation of the anarchism movement that has been all through history. Here they get a few protesters for a good and just cause to be useful idiots It is a interesting study from over the centuries. It continues today with the various funded groups as seen in Baltimore etal.. It seldom ends well, but it ends. Go back and study the 1870's and Kropofkin and then Galleani in the US in the pre and post WW1 era. It was a part of the reason for the Spanish Civil War.

It is now funded by a certain Hungarian and others which is ironic since they are globalists.

IMO

Dave
:rolleyes:
Yup, and many of us know just who that (Billionaire) Hungarian happens to be.

Why aren't these "anti fa" type leftist groups not infiltrated by the FBI and/or some other Fed. agency so we could all get to know more specifics as to the oragnisers and funds provideers. In the past, agents have gone underground and gotten on the inside of the Mafia to get to the real leaders and put them out of business. We have done the same in other countries as well.

But just like the former Mayor of Chicago stated a few years ago.........."Never let a crisis go to waste". Plus it will be OK to pick up a big screen or two and some new Nikes in the process via some broken windows.:mad:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts