Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Yes, Rest in Peace Burt. Loved that scene where "Carrie" said "Don't you ever take that hat off ??? Burt said "I take it off for one thing and one thing only" and Sally Field said "Take it off" But they never show what that thing was :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Burt you lucky son-of-a-gun, makin' love to Sally Field !!! There was many other good scenes too, just can't list them all. Jerry R. Hubbard (Jerry Reed) & Jackie Gleason, hope you all Rest in Peace !!!

And what about Junior, he's in his 80's too. Played for the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Los Angeles Rams back in the late 50's and early 60's ... was his name Mike Henry or Eddie Henry ???

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
39,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, Rest in Peace Burt. Loved that scene where "Carrie" said "Don't you ever take that hat off ??? Burt said "I take it off for one thing and one thing only" and Sally Field said "Take it off" But they never show what that thing was :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Burt you lucky son-of-a-gun, makin' love to Sally Field !!! There was many other good scenes too, just can't list them all. Jerry R. Hubbard (Jerry Reed) & Jackie Gleason, hope you all Rest in Peace !!!

And what about Junior, he's in his 80's too. Played for the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Los Angeles Rams back in the late 50's and early 60's ... was his name Mike Henry or Eddie Henry ???
Yep ..... heaven will be rocking now!! Those 3 back together!!0:)

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Smokey and the Bandit ... # 1 by far. I used to see Jerry Reed's bus driver at Doolittles Barber Shop and he always said Jerry gave Jackie Gleason a lot of credit for making that movie a success. Especially with lines like "You sumbitches couldn't close an umbrella. Where's Sheriff Branford boy, (Daddy my hat blew off) I hope your G D head was in it and My handle is Smokey Bear and I'm tail grabbin' your ass" and many other good ones.

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
39,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whats his best or your favorite movie you would vote for if asked? :director:

:black::smile2:
Smokey and the Bandit for sure!
Funny story .... our first Motorhome was a 89 southwind, crusty and rusty and delaminating .... so I called OBRT .. Our Big Rolling Turd ... so when we bought a newer one (2011) I wanted to call it Newbrt .... Tracie said NO it’s not a rolling turd, it’s a big white elephant ..... so I called it .... Charlotte ...... that’s the elephants name in Smokey and the Bandit 2 ....

Plus .... Burt is one of the reasons I have a moustache!!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Never saw the movie before so last night I watched "Best little whorehouse in Texas" in memory of Burt Saw him a year or so ago at the ribbon cutting ceremony for Reynolds Ranch just a couple miles away from my current digs in Jupiter farms. I think I am going to watch Smokey and the Bandit Sunday night

RIP Burt

·
Premium Member
8,875 Posts
Never saw the movie before so last night I watched "Best little whorehouse in Texas" in memory of Burt Saw him a year or so ago at the ribbon cutting ceremony for Reynolds Ranch just a couple miles away from my current digs in Jupiter farms. I think I am going to watch Smokey and the Bandit Sunday night

RIP Burt
Hooper is a good one.. where he plays a stunt man...

·
Super Moderator
13,586 Posts
Smokey & the Bandit of course, largely because I love Sally Fields as well - but a very engaging movie you can enjoy many times with a huge cast of lovable characters.
Deliverance showed Reynolds could act in a serious role, although The Longest Yard wasn't exactly comedy
Ned Beatty played Doophus

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,549 Posts
I took a date to see Deliverance which was a little uneventful except for one memorable segment requesting a man "squeal like a pig". Being on a first date this made me a little uncomfortable in a manly sort of way. lol

Dave

·
Super Moderator
13,586 Posts
I took a date to see Deliverance which was a little uneventful except for one memorable segment requesting a man "squeal like a pig". Being on a first date this made me a little uncomfortable in a manly sort of way. lol

Dave
We have some commonalities
In my yute I finally convinced the love of my life to go to a dance with me that was featuring a cool band, a town in Alberta about 40 miles away - to Olds from Three Hills if anyone is counting, or interested! HaHa!
We arrived to find a dark dance hall, as I found out I was a week early - so it was a 40 mile dash to the A&W!
One of those memories you would rather forget!
I did love that girl - she was gorgeous - wound up marrying into the richest largest landowning family in the area - Sigh!
Her loss! HaHa!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
9 Participants
ttarob
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing