Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

Super Moderator
Such a shock indeed, just spoke to Michael last week.

We all know how outspoken Michael was, but he would do anything for ANYBODY at anytime. His heart was as big as he was in stature.

He went through many tough times physically and emotionally throughout the years that he seldom spoke about and I was amazed that he was still around to talk about it and he would even try and put a smile on your face as he was telling you a heartbreaking personal story...didn't need to, he just wanted to make you smile.

R.I.P. Focks..........

Registered
Oh NO !! That is very sad. Terrible, to read.
Mike (aka FOCKS), is a great guy, an American Patriot and true Fanatic. :flag
He was very very likeable, kind, BIG in stature, but way bigger in heart. He was an incredible singer.
Shocking to read about his passing. Very sad.
Rock on Mike, Rock on...:rock: :gitara::gitara: :flag

Premium Member
Such a shock indeed, just spoke to Michael last week.

We all know how outspoken Michael was, but he would do anything for ANYBODY at anytime. His heart was as big as he was in stature.

He went through many tough times physically and emotionally throughout the years that he seldom spoke about and I was amazed that he was still around to talk about it and he would even try and put a smile on your face as he was telling you a heartbreaking personal story...didn't need to, he just wanted to make you smile.

R.I.P. Focks..........
Very, very well said LOP. Met him in Maggie, just a great SSRfanatic and a great guy also. This is certainly a sad time for all of us. Bob Alexander :ssr

Premium Member
My deepest condolences to Diane and his family. Mike was one of those larger than life personalities you meet in life that leaves an impression, you will always remember the first time you met him and the last time you spoke with him. I consider myself fortunate to have spent some time with him in this life, he was truly an exceptional human. Rest in peace my friend.

Premium Member
He may have been the only Fanatic to have cookies named after him. My wife made some that he liked so much that he took the whole bag! We named them after him. Every time I eat a Focks cookie from now on I will remember Mike. I will always remember him tumbling down the white sands at Alamagorda! Great guy!

Recipe per request----
Apricot Oatmeal Cookies (Focks' Cookies)
1 cup butter (softened); 1 cup packed light brown sugar; 1/2 cup granulated sugar; 2 large eggs; 1 1/2 cups flour; 1 tsp. soda; 1 tsp. ground cinnamon; 1 tsp. almond extract; 1/2 tsp. salt; 3 cups oats (uncooked); 1 cup chopped dried apricots; 3/4 cup dried cranberries; 3/4 cup coconut; 3/4 cups slivered almonds. Beat butter and sugars until creamy; add eggs, flour, soda, salt, extract, cinnamon until blended. Stir in oats and remaining ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees 14-15 min. until golden.

Premium Member
RIP Mike you will be missed by everyone who had the pleasure to know you.

Premium Member
Mike had a heart as big as Texas. He was a great friend. Liz & I always enjoyed his & Diane's company. He leaves a hole in the world that will be hard to fill. RIP

Registered
My God I am in shock! He will always be remembered here on the forum, and his Focks duck soup will serve as his memorial. As I get older these "surprises" seem to affect me more. R.I.P. my friend you and Diane are in my prayers

Ralph and Ruth
Great Man

I first met Mike at the Texas Nationals in'09. If there ever was a person that the phrase "bigger than life" fit it was Mike. A huge loss, our condolences to his family. Mike with Ruth at the Kerrville, Texas Nationals in '09.

Attachments

Premium Member
Golly!!! What a shock!! Mike was with a group that invited me to a lunch get together after we got our SSR. He was such a great, friendly guy and Kathy and I will miss visiting with him. Prayers for his Family!!! :angel

Nick & Kathy

21 - 40 of 99 Posts
About this Discussion
98 Replies
83 Participants
ibjeff
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing