Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Several years ago at the national rally in Texas, Mike and I were the only Indians at the Cowboy and Indian Banquet. Here is a picture of the two of us standing side by side, a very LARGE Indian and a very small Indian. This picture will be cherished along with the memory of a good man.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Very Sad News. Our thoughts and prayers to Diane.

Mike will be missed by all. Mike was my first contact on the Fanatic site and I first met Mike when he invited me to a Ft Worth Cars and Coffee gathering. I instantly liked this man with his large personality. My wife, Judy, felt the same way the first time she met Mike. I believe he had that affect on everyone he met.

Greg

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Sorry to hear about Mike , I just talked to him last week !!

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
We were fortuante to...................

My wife and I were fortunate to caravan with Mike on the Power Tour last year.
He was a "Valued and Old Friend" within 30 minutes of meeting him in person.

He is already missed.

Paco and Jack

·
Ret. Air Force
3,626 Posts
Mike, I wish I could have met you...you were loved and respected by so many fanatics.
Reading your posts always put a smile on my face...just like I knew you, even though we never met.
Condolences to all the families that are now suffering (your family and the SSR family).
Rest in Peace fellow SSR Brother.
:angel

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
He may have been the only Fanatic to have cookies named after him. My wife made some that he liked so much that he ate the whole bag! We named them after him. Every time I eat a Focks cookie from now on I will remember Mike. I will always remember him tumbling down the white sands at Alamagorda! Great guy!
Maybe you could post the Focks Cookie recipe here on the site. Every time someone baked or ate a Focks cookie he would be remembered.
Cleve

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
I am so sad.. Prayer to the family.:crying:

My first meeting with Focks... three months after I bought my SSR.. we drove in his R to a Phoenix tech/day, a night in hotel and them 17 hour ride back home.. that's what I can full exposure... never met a man that enjoyed the SSR community so much. He even sang to me on the trip. Memories of a wonderful guy.

·
Certified SSR "Nutcase"
1,813 Posts
RIP big Mike!

Crystal and I first met Mike at the national SSR rally in Springfield, MO in 2007. We then saw him again when he came to the Maggie Valley Rally in 2014.

Our condolences go out to his family.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Recipe added to original post!

Apricot Oatmeal Cookies (Focks' Cookies)
1 cup butter (softened); 1 cup packed light brown sugar; 1/2 cup granulated sugar; 2 large eggs; 1 1/2 cups flour; 1 tsp. soda; 1 tsp. ground cinnamon; 1 tsp. almond extract; 1/2 tsp. salt; 3 cups oats (uncooked); 1 cup chopped dried apricots; 3/4 cup dried cranberries; 3/4 cup coconut; 3/4 cups slivered almonds. Beat butter and sugars until creamy; add eggs, flour, soda, salt, extract, cinnamon until blended. Stir in oats and remaining ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees 14-15 min. until golden.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Focks and I met several times over the last 6 or so years. We also PM'd each other a fair amount. He would joke with you at a moments notice about anything. The year we met he came up to me at the Hot Rod Power Tour and said..."is this a kit car (SSR)". I said "really"? He laughed and we became friends after that. That guy really liked a joke for sure. Like him or not he would do anything he could for you at a moments notice. Personally...I'll miss the good natured banter! RIP my friend. VR,

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I'm just stunned! I knew he had various health issues but I had no idea how serious I guess. But that's the way Mike was.... always positive... always joking... and never complaining. One of the quickest wits I have ever experienced. He was at the first SSR breakfast I ever attended at Frank's diner and my wife and I enjoyed visiting with he and Diane at their home a couple of times. What a shock to the system this news is. Prayers for Diane and the rest of his family.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
SSR AZ CREW
480 Posts
Adios FOCKS!

Mike was a constant presence on Facebook. Always bringing up some very controversial stuff.
The last time I saw him was at the Flagstaff International. He came to the Awards dinner bare foot. :D LoL! Great singer also. What a guy! He will be missed by many. :grouphug

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,423 Posts
Read the devastating news on FB yesterday. Still shocked! We stayed in contact even after I left the forum. I had the pleasure of meeting him at several rallies over the years and was honored to have him here for Woodward. He gave unselfishly. My heart just breaks for Diane and his family.
Tough news!

In honor of Mike tonight I took a top down cruise in his memory :grouphug

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
R.i.p.

:angel R.I.P.

I first met Mike on the Hot Rod Power Tour in 2006, what a trip that was ! Our paths have crossed more times than I can remember at SSR events over the last 10 years. It was a great honor to have taken Mike's all most Duck Soup on trips all over half the world. What a GREAT,GREAT Person was & will be in my heart.

MCVETT2

·
Premium Member
8,866 Posts
I only knew him from the our Fanatics Family
But messaged him a lot during the sale of his beautiful SSR, it was the color the Wifey wanted but we ultimately decided it was too nice to be the daily driver she wanted..

41 - 60 of 99 Posts
About this Discussion
98 Replies
83 Participants
ibjeff
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing