Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
605 Posts
So sad to hear. I had recently run into him at the 'Pink Pony' Georgia Cool Cruisers car show & he was in his "new" old style luxury car. Seemed healthy & talkative & was wearing a mask I believe, probably a good practice at his age. He had reiterated his invitation to come over to Snellville(not far) and see his collection. Can't happen now. Rest in Peace good buddy you are in a better place. Prayers for his family and friends.

·
MY05SSR
608 Posts
Yea, he was proud of his collection! He want Debbie and I to come over this summer to check out his toys
So sad to hear. I had recently run into him at the 'Pink Pony' Georgia Cool Cruisers car show & he was in his "new" old style luxury car. Seemed healthy & talkative & was wearing a mask I believe, probably a good practice at his age. He had reiterated his invitation to come over to Snellville(not far) and see his collection. Can't happen now. Rest in Peace good buddy you are in a better place. Prayers for his family and friends.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,647 Posts
Golly, we hate to hear this. Prayers for his Family at this sad time. 🙏 🙏

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
961 Posts
Sorry to hear about Old Fred he was a really nice man will miss him at the rally's. Be praying for his family...God Bless......"Thank You Judi for all you did"

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate to have to post this, but I got a call from Fred’s daughter that he passed away today.
He waited too long to go to the hospital and his lungs could not get over it.

There will be no service or memorial because he did not want one.

His daughter told me a Facebook page where we could write something in memorial but right now I can not think of what it is, I will update this when my mind clears.

she said she wanted to thank all of us for making him happy since his wife passed away. She said we made his life better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate to have to post this, but I got a call from Fred’s daughter that he passed away today.
He waited too long to go to the hospital and his lungs could not get over it.

There will be no service or memorial because he did not want one.

His daughter told me a Facebook page where we could write something in memorial but right now I can not think of what it is, I will update this when my mind clears.

she said she wanted to thank all of us for making him happy since his wife passed away. She said we made his life better.
Hello SSR family, I had no idea of the extent my Father’s charismatic personality had reached, but I am truly overwhelmed and blessed to have seen such outpouring of love and respect for my Dad, Fred. This thread is so sweet of y’all to have created and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments and kind words. Every time Dad had gone to any of the SSR meets he would show me pictures and tell me about the dinners and the people, he truly looked forward to each and every outing and he had already made reservations for one in May and the another one in October... sadly he will not be attending in person but I am absolutely sure he will be there in spirit. When my Mom passed away he started attending this SSR group, which turned out to be something that kept him going and he always had something to look forward to. My sincere heartfelt appreciation to each and everyone of you that befriended my Dad and gave him purpose...THANK YOU!!

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,796 Posts
The family of Fred Lee Botts created this Life Tributes page to make it easy to share your memories.
https://www.wagesfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Fred-Botts/#!/
Hello Theoldfredsdaughter
It is great you were able to respond on the forum. You may receive private messages, if so you can see them. At the top of the screen on the right side there are 4 objects, "NEW" "._" "picture of you and your daughter" & three dots. Click on the picture of you, it's a drop down box, click on conversation and you can read the messages. I'm telling you this because I sent you one. Only you can read the information in a conversation, everyone can read what is on here.
If I confused you, please call me. 7706560333
Michael

41 - 54 of 54 Posts