Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some photos of my hood. Each side has two, 2" holes to let air in. Top has two 4" by 12" holes to let air out. The flip flop painted name badge is purple to green ppg. This hood is 55.5 lbs 10 more than stock. I wanted to be different; I wanted to add some attitude with out getting carried away. I like it, but you can form your own opinions. Everyone’s roadster should be what the owner wants it to be. Now to work on the back end before Woodward. Tic, Tic, Tic ... Cheers :seeya (the stock factory hood is saved high and dry in shop attic.)

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Awesome

REBEL said:
Here are some photos of my hood. Each side has two, 2" holes to let air in. Top has two 4" by 12" holes to let air out. The flip flop painted name badge is purple to green ppg. This hood is 55.5 lbs 10 more than stock. I wanted to be different; I wanted to add some attitude with out getting carried away. I like it, but you can form your own opinions. Everyone’s roadster should be what the owner wants it to be. Cheers :seeya (the stock factory hood is saved high and dry in shop attic.)
Rebel,

It is hard to believe that this is the same hood that I saw the earlier pictures of. You did an awesome job. The integration and paint finish looks flawless. I just love the SSRebel Edition, that was a nice touch as well. I would not be a bit surprised if your truck runs cooler now that you have a way to get cool air under the hood.

Great Job :thumbs

Rob V.

·
180 Posts
Stunning

Looks clean and streamlined without being over the top. Like how you carried the subtle central hood crease all the way through. Side vents sharp and functional! And, of course, we would expect no less than phenomenal SSRebel lettering! I'll bet those color changes are even more impressive in person. Well done! I don't think you'll be needin' that stock hood any time soon! :thumbs

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Great Job, Rebel :thumbs

The paint looks like GLASS!!!! :seeya

RickSSR :cool

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,655 Posts
K Q Q L !

Kevin Honolulu said:
Looks clean and streamlined without being over the top. Like how you carried the subtle central hood crease all the way through. Side vents sharp and functional! And, of course, we would expect no less than phenomenal SSRebel lettering! I'll bet those color changes are even more impressive in person. Well done! I don't think you'll be needin' that stock hood any time soon! :thumbs
I agree 100%. I think it looks awesome! I do hope to get a chance to see it in person perhaps at the SSR Homecoming day events?

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
Outstanding

Looks terrrific Rebel. :cool

I'm sure you'll get the rear done in time for Woodward. You may have to burn the midnight oil a time or two, or maybe even the 3 and 4 AM oil. :lol

Can't wait to see it in person at Woodward. Good luck on the rear mods. :thumbs

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

No one ripping me yet ... maybe I stopped before going to crazy, or people are being polite. The back end, will only be some paint trickery. No mod's as I have not bought a spare tail gate yet. My wife wanted me to show the full front end, so the missing CHEVROLET will show. I do wonder what Foose would think of this hood. I know I change my mind many times, on the way to this. I hope to see many of you at Woodward. Yes Marc it would be nice to show you at the home coming if ….. Thanks for the nice comments everyone.
I’m still looking for spare doors.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Ssr Mods

GREAT LOOK.. :thumbs I CAN TELL THIS IS YOUR PASSION, SO HAVE FUN WITH IT. YOU KNOW YOU'LL ALWAYS LOOK SOOOO :cool

·
Registered
50 Posts
REBEL said:
No one ripping me yet ... maybe I stopped before going to crazy, or people are being polite. The back end, will only be some paint trickery. No mod's as I have not bought a spare tail gate yet. My wife wanted me to show the full front end, so the missing CHEVROLET will show. I do wonder what Foose would think of this hood. I know I change my mind many times, on the way to this. I hope to see many of you at Woodward. Yes Marc it would be nice to show you at the home coming if ….. Thanks for the nice comments everyone.
Hey,
Like that hood, dude. I just recently got an 05 6.0 SSR Auto. Use to own an 03 SSR.
Wanted more horses.

·
Registered
371 Posts
REBEL said:
Thanks for the extra shots Rebel.....I see you gave it some X-Tra breathing Capabilities up front by removing the "Chevrolet" emblem and trimming the hood! Great idea!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts