Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SSR Enthusiast
2004 Chevrolet SSR #10111 Ricochet Silver
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been on a road trip this past week (still am), and like any good road trip, the kids play the license plate game (maybe they used to, haha). Anyway, my 13 year old daughter and her buddy had a list of the 50 state plates and were checking them off one by one as the miles past. ***Note, the road trip was from Miami,Florida to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee and then back south over 8 days***
I told them to add the SSR as an item to look for. Well, we are on our 7th day of this journey and I can tell you that they have seen 45 state plates (2 of which were Hawaii!), but not one SSR! As we neared Knoxville, I saw the exit sign for Maggie Valley and I thought for certain that I’d see one SSR in the general area. No luck. I got my R 2 months ago and never heard of Maggie Valley before joining this group. So as I sit here in Columbia, SC getting ready to drive south to Jacksonville, I’m wondering if one of these great trucks will pop out of a garage for a Saturday cruise. I’ll be on the lookout. I can’t wait to get back to Miami to drive mine again.
Brian :silver:

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Hey good morning Bee75. :00000732: to the SSR Family of great Guys & Gals. The SSR Nation is alive and well ... just keep lookin' !!! There's probably over 20,000 out still on the road and you're bound to find one some where or some place. Should have been in Maggie last month, I think over a 100 SSR's met there for the 13th Annual Maggie Valley Rally in the Valley !!! Mean while "Have fun in the Sun inyour Rockin' Ricochet Silver SSR"

tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
I’ve been on a road trip this past week (still am), and like any good road trip, the kids play the license plate game (maybe they used to, haha). Anyway, my 13 year old daughter and her buddy had a list of the 50 state plates and were checking them off one by one as the miles past. ***Note, the road trip was from Miami,Florida to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee and then back south over 8 days***
I told them to add the SSR as an item to look for. Well, we are on our 7th day of this journey and I can tell you that they have seen 45 state plates (2 of which were Hawaii!), but not one SSR! As we neared Knoxville, I saw the exit sign for Maggie Valley and I thought for certain that I’d see one SSR in the general area. No luck. I got my R 2 months ago and never heard of Maggie Valley before joining this group. So as I sit here in Columbia, SC getting ready to drive south to Jacksonville, I’m wondering if one of these great trucks will pop out of a garage for a Saturday cruise. I’ll be on the lookout. I can’t wait to get back to Miami to drive mine again.
Brian :silver:
:|
Last Fall, my wife and I flew to Las Vegas to pick up our (new to us) SSR. We spent about 5 days on the return trip to Sunset Beach, N.C. mostly via I 40. Did not see any SSR the whole trip until we were about 15 miles from home and one was headed south on Rt. 31.(total trip over 2400 miles). :smile2:

·
Premium Member
4,774 Posts
Yes the SSR seems to be a rare breed .
Picked up little Red almost 2 years ago to this date near Lexington KY.
Then drove home to So Cal if it were not for the prearranged meet ups with other SSR owners in Oklahoma and Arizona we would not have seen another SSR the whole trip.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,573 Posts
The thing that amazes me in my travels is that about half the time when I sight a SSR on the road and wave I get no response, It is like they do not see me. I can usually generate a wave if I am passing one. but often it is hard to get them to stop and chat. I know people are busy but if you can't stop and say hi, what fun is life?

Keep your eyes open.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,333 Posts
My daughter and I are getting ready to do a road trip and I will have to make that one of the things to look for. Going to do Rt 66 From California to St Louis.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,573 Posts
My daughter and I are getting ready to do a road trip and I will have to make that one of the things to look for. Going to do Rt 66 From California to St Louis.
When are you coming to CA? Is this going to be a SSR road trip? We need to get a group together while you are here. Let's plan ahead. Being a St Louis native we need to talk anyway.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,333 Posts
When are you coming to CA? Is this going to be a SSR road trip? We need to get a group together while you are here. Let's plan ahead. Being a St Louis native we need to talk anyway.
Glad to say yes it will be an SSR road trip. We are going to tour the Cal Arts school then heading back to St Louis. Always wanted to do the route 66 trip so going to take advantage before she gets too old to do a trip with dad. Her biggest want to do thing is to see the Cadillac ranch and paint her name on one of the cars.

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
It is strange - I NEVER see another on the road here in BC
Yet I drive Kate 2/3 times a week - rarely without a "what is that"
Almost every time we are out Kate gets amazing kudos, but...

It is funny how people absolutely love her, yet when we are in a group the hate crowd can rear their ugly heads
"Oh do I ever hate those HHR's"
Lovers and haters - I categorize them as lovers and envious bastards!
The latter with zero taste I might add!

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
Shoot, I should add to this
We all have opinions on what we like or love in vehicles.
What I will not tolerate is when people express a negative opinion on someone's vehicle, a vehicle they love and adore
You don't appreciate something, hate it, keep it to yourself

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
SSR Nirvana

I must be living in SSR nirvana....middle of Tennessee. Traveling with business, in the last couple weeks have seen SSR's in Chattsworth, GA :ssr-Somerset, KY :blue:-Johnson City, TN :black:pigeon Forge, TN :silver:and down the road from home base in Crossville, TN :ssr. Funny though... usually see them when not in the SSRoadster. And passing is quick giving little opportunity to connect with a thumbs up. Another observation: Permagrins. :grin2: They may not know what it is, but they have it!

Boomer Bob :ssr

·
BLU SSR
3,541 Posts
In the past couple years we have taken BLUR to Florida and back twice , Maggie Valley and back twice and Dennison Texas and back and never saw ONE SSR except for those in and around a rally location. So far we saw the Loch Ness Monster in Scotland as often as we have seen another SSR on the road. -- Bigfoot and UFO's seem like a more likely encounter. :frown2: :blur:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts