Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this may not be exciting for you but I was just giddy when my hubby first said
He would be able to go on Vacation with us this year. Charleston S C in July ( his family has a reunion every 2 years) he never goes.
But the best part (did I say that) is that is he flying himself and our two sons out there, he hates to drive or ride for really long periods, I guess it's a pilot thing, and I am rambling, see how excited I am, I GET TO DRIVE SLINGSHOT ALL THE WAY :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers How fun will that be?

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Route

You should really enjoy the ride. Don't know the route you're taking, but I recommend getting off the interstate and rolling through Savannah on the way, its worth a few extra miles. :yesnod

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts
Savannah, O yes, MADE THE MISTAKE, last Nov. I took my wife down to the river, where all the shops are. The Christmas stuff was out :banghead

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Machell,

I don't even have to tell you how beautiful Charleston is, but (if you have the time) stop in Sanannah. Wonderful place, lot of history, restaurants and ..... oh yeah, like REBEL said SHOPPING!

Enjoy the ride. I live near Atlanta, so if you happen to make it up this way, let me know!

·
Registered
601 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Ok this may not be exciting for you but I was just giddy when my hubby first said
He would be able to go on Vacation with us this year. Charleston S C in July ( his family has a reunion every 2 years) he never goes.
But the best part (did I say that) is that is he flying himself and our two sons out there, he hates to drive or ride for really long periods, I guess it's a pilot thing, and I am rambling, see how excited I am, I GET TO DRIVE SLINGSHOT ALL THE WAY :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers How fun will that be?

I hope you enjoy your trip. Have a safe drive.

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
You should at least go through the Ozarks in Arkansas and Missouri on your way. The southern way has very few hills, but lots of ocean. I can give you some routes for the northern way if you are interested.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been to Savannah several years working at the airplane plant owned by Chrysler, we were there about 6 months and the paper mill smell was something we never got used to smelling, but we loved eating on the river they have some very good southern food. I haven't planned my trip but I may go south to get there and north to get back. wouldn't that be fun.?!!!!!!! I will let you know my plans and if anyone is near where we will be maybe we can meet up. This will be the longest trip in the SSR so far. Been to San Antonio, and St. Louis so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts