Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today it happened,

I was on my way home from Church when...Wham!..my windshield was hit by a rock (or something). It took a good size chunk out of the front of the glass near my antenna, but didn't make it all the way through. I don't know if this is a fixable hit or if I will need to replace the windshield.

I don't think it hit anywhere else on the Paint. Of course, being in So Cal, I was on the Freeway with the top down otherwise it would have definitely hit the top.

Usually us Church goers are doing 80MPH so were not late to Mass :angel .....I was doing 80 MPH so I wasn't late for breakfast :reddevil Maybe this was my little reminder to SLOW DOWN :flag

Attachments

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,663 Posts
Ouch!

StepPrinting said:
... I don't know if this is a fixable hit or if I will need to replace the windshield.
... Maybe this was my little reminder to SLOW DOWN :flag
OUCH! I hate that when it happens. I was in the process of taking my 04 in for a windshield replacement because of the poor radio reception I was getting. I figured I would wait until after the Homecoming trip because I was sure I would end up with some kind of stone chip somewhere ... well guess what happened? I got one smack in the middle of my windshield.

I went in to make the appointment just before I was going to put her away for the winter... the service manager noticed right off the bat and said oh no GM won't replace that. I told them to take a look at my antenna and see the light area in it? He said yep... and I then said that is replaceable due to the 04's having an issue with poor radio reception.

The first windshield came in and it was slightly damaged I told them I won't accept it and they ordered another. I also told them to please ask for an experienced installer. They said no problem... it was fixed perfectly the next time I brought her in to the shop. :thumbs

BTW: Is that photo upside down??? The antenna is on the passanger side approx. 3 inches from the pillar post.

·
Registered
145 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
OUCH!!!

God bless you for realizing that you need to slow down!!!! AMEN

Must have been a great breakfast :thumbs

ABSOLUTELY . . . :D . . . The best pancakes, brown-sugar bacon and coffee!
Lori

·
Registered
189 Posts
Opinion

I am certainly not an expert in windshield repair but have recently had a run of rocks every since I purchased a home in Florida. First the Escalade, then the Hummer, and most recently my bus. They have all been repairable without windshield replacement with the exception of the Hummer. The repair person told me that the only reason he could not fix that one was because the glass had spider webbed. The others just had a chunk missing from the glass as it appears your is now. Those were fixed regardless of size and I could not even remember where they had been damaged. I would guess that your will be repairable without the risks associated with replacement :) At least that is something else you can pray for at breakfast :)

StepPrinting said:
Today it happened,

I was on my way home from Church when...Wham!..my windshield was hit by a rock (or something). It took a good size chunk out of the front of the glass near my antenna, but didn't make it all the way through. I don't know if this is a fixable hit or if I will need to replace the windshield.

I don't think it hit anywhere else on the Paint. Of course, being in So Cal, I was on the Freeway with the top down otherwise it would have definitely hit the top.

Usually us Church goers are doing 80MPH so were not late to Mass :angel .....I was doing 80 MPH so I wasn't late for breakfast :reddevil Maybe this was my little reminder to SLOW DOWN :flag

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Glad to see you got your own user name Lori... :thumbs Now it's time for you to get your own SSR! Right, Joe?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
artsmart said:
Glad to see you got your own user name Lori... :thumbs Now it's time for you to get your own SSR! Right, Joe?
I know, I know....but here is the dilemma........SpongeBob is a Stock 04, Lori wants an 06 UV.....but, I would rather modify and Superchage an 06, but I like driving a Slingshot. I most certainly could not have Lori’s SSR be faster than mine :nono .....What to do....

·
Registered
145 Posts
StepPrinting said:
I know, I know....but here is the dilemma........SpongeBob is a Stock 04, Lori wants an 06 UV.....but, I would rather modify and Superchage an 06, but I like driving a Slingshot. I most certainly could not have Lori’s SSR be faster than mine :nono .....What to do....

YES, yes you can Joe!
XO
Lori

·
Registered
189 Posts
Solution?

Sounds like another great Christmas idea in the making ;)

Mrs StepPrintng said:
YES, yes you can Joe!
XO
Lori

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Repairing Rock Damage

Joe , You need to always put a small piece of tape over the hole, It needs to be keep clean , dust will get in the cracks and cannot be removed if you are going to have it REPAIRED :seeya Kay :ssr

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
StepPrinting said:
Might be a bit difficult getting an 06 UV since they haven't been produced since 04 MY unless Lori would like to customize it...I'm sure she would settle for an 06 Slingshot, just as long as it's newer and faster than SpongeBob :lol :lol :lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts