·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dragon2U said:
Just getting an idea of how many will make it to the show at the Museum of Aviation so we can save spaces and park together.

Info
http://www.museumofaviationfoundation.org/events/events_carshow.htm

Other events the same weekend:
GA National fair - http://www.georgianationalfair.com
Mossy Creek Festival - http://mossycreekfestival.com

Let me know, I hope to get there early for the ........
:party

Mike
Hey Dragon,
I would love to come to the museum for the car show, and I like aircraft too.
the thing is that I work at nights and I would have to leave as soon as I got off and it would take me 5-6 hours to get there from Columbia, SC.
Hey, keep in touch and I will try to make any other activities like that, providing that I can make it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
definitely be there

Count me in... but I have never been in the area and never been to a car show, so heaven knows when or where I will catch up with everyone

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

Had a good time at the show, KY was the only other SSR there. I provided a first hand tour of the U-2 and SR-71 to waste a little time before the crowds got there. Next year I'm printing tickets for KY to bring to the show, I lost count on how many times the top went up and down, :ssr hehehehehe. We had a good time yacking about our toys and watching the others in the show.
I ended up taking second in the stock truck category, lost to a new Dodge Ram Daytona that looked like it just left the showroom. Mines pretty clean and I spent a ton of time on it but ya just can't beat a factory fresh package. I also won one years worth of free pizza from Papa Johns so I guess I won't go hungy anytime soon. :lol Next time KY will probably be better prepared for the show but the best part is just hanging out and meeting other owners. We had a good time, hope to see more there next year.

:seeya

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Dragon2U said:
Had a good time at the show, KY was the only other SSR there. I provided a first hand tour of the U-2 and SR-71 to waste a little time before the crowds got there. Next year I'm printing tickets for KY to bring to the show, I lost count on how many times the top went up and down, :ssr hehehehehe. We had a good time yacking about our toys and watching the others in the show.
I ended up taking second in the stock truck category, lost to a new Dodge Ram Daytona that looked like it just left the showroom. Mines pretty clean and I spent a ton of time on it but ya just can't beat a factory fresh package. I also won one years worth of free pizza from Papa Johns so I guess I won't go hungy anytime soon. :lol Next time KY will probably be better prepared for the show but the best part is just hanging out and meeting other owners. We had a good time, hope to see more there next year.

:seeya
Sorry I missed it, we were at the beach all week. I did spot a red SSR with cool custom chrome wheels at the Boatyard in Panama City Friday night. Got a great new picture of my baby on a sunrise beach run. Hope to hook up with you soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
U2me2!

Dear Dragon, I'm a new member and noticed your U2 ref, I'm retired USAF and a former U2 crew chief, at Beale, it would be great to chat I,m only a couple hours from hotlanta here in the mtns, 2 Otters :ssr

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
big-daddy said:
Sorry I missed it, we were at the beach all week. I did spot a red SSR with cool custom chrome wheels at the Boatyard in Panama City Friday night. Got a great new picture of my baby on a sunrise beach run. Hope to hook up with you soon.

Love the boatyard!!!! (and the sour apple martinis) :ssr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts