Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The top portion of the door window seal are rolled catching the window. I have applied a heat gun while opening the seal no help Any other known fixes?

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
ssreal said:
The top portion of the door window seal are rolled catching the window. I have applied a heat gun while opening the seal no help Any other known fixes?
Window needs alignment - use the search facility up above - there's a number of threads about this problem. If your dealer doesn't know about it, find another dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Window Seals

Dealer said this is normal in cold weather along with windows not comming down a little when door is opened . only in cold weather.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
OBXGOP said:
Dealer said this is normal in cold weather along with windows not comming down a little when door is opened . only in cold weather.

Dealer is wrong....

the only reason your windows would not index 1/4 in the winter is that the glass has frozen to the rubber seal. I have just applied di-electric grease on my rubber (as suggested by others in this forum) and it was not frozen this morning! yeah.

Here is a link:
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1325
Another:
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3558

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
ssreal said:

SSReal, Do what Houtex says, :yesnod. I think he was the first to get the correct fix. Van knows and has fixed this problem if your dealer doesn't know how!

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wildcat 66 did you previously tell me to ask for JR or junior at VAN Chevrolet? SSReal

·
Registered
86 Posts
Window Rubber

I have my SSR in right now for this same condition...dealer already tried heat gun
to reform the moulding, worked ok for about 1 week, then folded under again...
I knew this was possible but thought I'd rather do this then pull the top apart if
did not have to. Now we are replacing the moulding, also adjusting both windows in slightly. Man, I hated seeing it apart like that but since I work at the dealership I can see what is going on...Just find a dealer you trust and ask if they have a dedicated trim tech that is trained on the SSR folding top assmebly. Since is apart am adding some sound deadner above headliner while is apart, should make some difference in noise level. :thumbs

·
Registered
62 Posts
Windows

Just had the same problem. When I would program the windows they would work properly 1 time and then not go down far enough when opening the door. The body control module was bad (under the console) and the door regulator has excessive play. Both were replaced and now it is perfect.....never has worked this well. Besure the dealer gets the proper programs for the BCM.......some updates are for the Trailblazer XL.

Ricl

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sometimes it's due to air pressure.

First, My window has been adusted.

For the most part my window always rolls up properly, but sometimes when driving on the freeway, at speed, and I roll up the passenger's window, it bites the seal.

This happens only when I roll up the drivers window first. Never when the passenger's window goes up first.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a folded area of the seal, only about 4 inches, when the vehicle was brand new.

Used a cut-to-shape piece of blister pack plastic to force the seal into proper position as the window indexed... left it that way for a few days. Seemed to work after that. No heat gun.

It regressed once, after a day or two... so I did the plastic trick again, and just didn't open that door for a few days while the temperature varied alot. It's been about 8 weeks now and no recurrence.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just had the door handle kit put in my 2004.
Asked them to address the weather strip/window issue as well.
Dealer found 2004 and newer have adjustable regulators.
Didn't have to use spacer or shim.

Now it works.
Silicone keeping glass from freezing to seal as well.

Driving a Hot Rod
Skip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts