Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RONALD REAGAN LIBRARY SSR RUN
SUNDAY, APRIL 9TH

WE JUST FOUND OUT THAT NUMBER 24 0F 25 OF THE SIGNATURE SERIES WILL BE JOINING US FOR THE REAGAN LIBRARY RUN

Assemble close to the library at 12 noon. Caravan to the library at 12:30. Secure parking just outside the Air Force One pavilion in our own SSR section. Tour is 3-3 1/2 hours. Leave the library and caravan to Mel's Diner in Sherman Oaks. It is a nice 45 minute top down cruise on a Sunday afternoon from the library. Mel's is the group of restaurants that has the original Mel's in the movie "American Graffitti". The manager assures me they can handle our group around 4 - 4:30 and they have ample parking. More details below. See links below.

The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum is located on 35 acres on the top of a hill at the West end of Simi Valley. Last October the Library was expanded with the addition of the 87,00 sqft Air Force One Pavilion, which has the actual aircraft used by primarily president Reagan for his many official trips on display and a Marine One helicopter.

The cost per person is $15 for a privately guided tour provided by several docents (volunteer tour guides) lasting around 2-2 1/2 hours, which will include the main museum and the Air Force One Pavilion, with a walk through the interior of the aircraft.

It turns out that 3 of the 200+ docents actually own SSRs (no Fanatics, except for BadBob) and BadBob hopes he can get them to join us on Sunday.

http://www.melsdrive-in.com/hoursandlocations/shermanoaks.html
http://www.reaganlibrary.com/

Room is limited, so check your calendars and reply to get on the rerservation list A.S.A.P.

Participant List

Special Guest: Rich - #24 of 25 Signature Series

1. BadBob - Bob & Gloria
2. Purple Mistress - Jeff & Deborah
3. Lloger - Lloyd & Gerry
4. SSRoket - Mike & Nancy
5. StepPrinting - Joe & Lori
6. Ranger Rick - Rick & Dena
7. TJR1952 - Tom & Bertha
8. hdflstf - Art & Lucky
9. evoluzione - Ken
10. WearyEagle - Gary
11. Larry McNutt - Larry & Marie
12. jiro43 - Tony & Maria
13. RickSSR - Rick & Cindy ( Rick and Cindy will not be attending due to a death in their family. We will miss them and wish them God's blessings at this time of sorrow. )
14. Maxey's - Grethe & Larry
15. Copcarcollector - Jeff & Lila
16. CA Ridgerunner -
17. ssrbh - Brian & Chris
18. LT's SSR - Linda
19. Ladyinred - John & Lizz
20. Wildssr - Brian & Debbie
21. CJ MURO - Carlos
22. new member - Ray & Brenda ( temecula run )
23. Robert Salerno - Robert & Elaine
24. Ross - Ross

SCHEDULE for REAGAN LIBRARY RUN, SUNDAY, APRIL 9th

All SSRs who want to join in along the way, here is the plan:
8:00 a.m. Meet at Walmart, Diamond Ln - Railroad Canyon exit off I-15, Lake Elsinore

9:00 a.m. Meet at Farmer Boys, 2180 S. Haven Ave., Ontario, Ca. 91761
Farmer Boys - Ontario is between the 60 & 10 freeways on Haven just
east of I-15
9:15 a.m. Depart Farmer Boys - Ontario

10:00 a.m. Arrive Farmer Boys, 6600 Irwindale Ave., Irwindale Ca. 91702
Farmer Boys - Irwindale is just north of I-210 on Irwindale
just east of the 605
Enjoy Brunch
10:45 a.m. Depart Irwindale for Simi Valley

12:00 p.m. Arriive Kmart, northwest corner of Madera Road and Los Angeles Ave
in Simi Valley. One mile south of the 118 on Madera Road. Meet in
the southwest corner of Kmart parking lot.

12:30 p.m. Bad Bob will lead the caravan the short distance to the Library.

1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Reagan Library Tour

4:00 p.m. Depart Library for Mel's Diner

4:45 p.m. Arrive Mel's Diner, 14846 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks, Ca. 91423
East on Ventura Blvd. from I-405, just south of the 101

5:00 - ? Enjoy dinner and depart for home.

Any questions, just reply or PM
Hosted by Bad Bob and purple mistress

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Don't Laugh at me But what city is the library located ??:banghead :banghead :banghead

·
RUBY SSR
320 Posts
More info on The Reagan Library

Hi all:

Just to provide you with a liitle more info:

The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum is located on 35 acres on the top of a hill at the West end of Simi Valley. Last October the Library was expanded with the addition of the 87,00 sqft Air Force One Pavilion, which has the actual aircraft used by primarily president Reagan for his many official trips on display and a Marine One helicopter.

The cost per person is $15 for a privately guided tour provided by several docents (volunteer tour guides) lasting around 2-2 1/2 hours, which will include the main museum and the Air Force One Pavilion, with a walk through the interior of the aircraft.

It turns out that 3 of the 200+ docents actually own SSRs (no Fanatics, except for me) and I hope I can get them to join us on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bob,

That is great info, and we all appreciate the details. Also, on behalf of all of us, thank you in advance for all your work in helping put this run together.

For those of you who don't know, Bob and Gloria are both docents at this beautiful library and will, I am sure, add alot to to our personal tour.

Thanks again, Bob.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Reagan Library Run . . . .

I've driven by President Reagan's Library many times on the way to jobs . . . never got an opportunity to stop there, so count me in on this run.

Just read the bio and chronology of President Reagan's life . . . what an incredible man. A true American. :)

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Cindy and I would to join the "Sunday Ronald Reagan Run".

Thanks a Million....:seeya

RickSSR :cool

1 - 20 of 73 Posts