Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And another thing, after driving the first two hours with the top up (some through rain and hail) I suddenly had a "Roof Ajar" indicator on the dash. I decided to put the top down and back up to see if this would fix it. To be honest, when I put it down, I couldn't resist driving that way for the next 40 or 50 miles, even though it was in the low 40s. However, when I did put it back up, I never saw "Roof Ajar" again. It only happened once, but then I haven't driven much eaither. Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
407 Posts
you will hear two clear 'rings' when the top is both completely open and/or completely closed.

then you know for sure.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not with the CD Player Too Loud

I have a hard time hearing these rings, but the "Roof Ajar" indicator was not on for many miles and suddenly came on. I was driving along at 80 MPH, not raising or lowering the top. I wonder if a sensor needs adjusted.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
After reading that book from Automobile Quarterly on the SSR I can't believe how many sensors are in this truck. We are driving a computer! Pretty neat shots of the top with the skin removed in the book showing all of the sensors and parts associated with the movement of the top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts