Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting a "ROOF AJAR" message on the D.I.C. and took it the the dealer where I purchased it from. They have had the SSR for the last few days and have no idea what is wrong and why the message keeps appearing.
They have said that everything appears to be working properly and they do not know why the message keeps appearing.
Has anyone had a problem like this???

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I would suspect that the left header switch is the most likely cause as I have replaced a few of them for just this same concern. :seeya

B

·
0 Posts
roof

jleas524 said:
I was getting a "ROOF AJAR" message on the D.I.C. and took it the the dealer where I purchased it from. They have had the SSR for the last few days and have no idea what is wrong and why the message keeps appearing.
They have said that everything appears to be working properly and they do not know why the message keeps appearing.
Has anyone had a problem like this???
It's the switch in the roof,( right above the winshield) where the pin goes in from the top of the roof, there's a switch, one on each side where the pin goes in, one of the switchs are bad......................had the same problem,if you need more info, call me at 19858687158 tom

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW!!! You guys were right... That is what the dealer said it was. Though it took 2 days for them to figure it out. They said it would be 5-7 business days for the part to come in, but the service manager took a new 2005 off the lot and had them remove the part from it and install it on mine. I was surprised at that. They had even removed the headliner from it and replaced the one in mine because the edge of it was comming unglued.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I only have 3410 on my '2004!

My dealer tested (PIT3443 faulty lh header latch) and replaced 15215460 latch 16.585!:cool

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
updating this post..the roof ajar message would come on after going over a bump..to get rid of it you had to cycle the roof back a bit and then close it again..the ajar message would disapear till the next bump..took it to the dealer who analyzed it while i waited about 45 minutes..they ordered the part, took a week to come in..took the truck in and they fixed it while i waited an hour..they replaced the header switch part #15215460...good dealer service and they didn't sell me the truck...jenner chev in victoria

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Thats why a Forum like this is so valuable. You know its going to happen to someone else. It makes it so much easier at service time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Roof Ajar

I had the roof ajar problem with mine last winter. In fact I wound up leaving it at home after 3 days in the shop while we went to Florida for the winter. When we got back, I took it to the dealer and they found a service bulletin describing the problem so they ordered all new latches and it has been perfect since then.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm confused :willy:

How can a Roof be A- Jar :glol
I get this message all the time
the truck is always telling me the Door is A- Jar too :banghead

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had this problem too. Then my roof and windows quit working. So they replaced the switch. Still broken and now most of the electrical system was screwy.

They said it was the Roof Door Module. So I drove it for another week with windows that did not work and the lights on all the time and other weird problems. Then the new RDM came in. They replaced it. Still not working.

A day later they called me and said it was fixed. Turns out the roof mechanism had pinched a wire and shorted everything out. That is why it would error out when I hit bumps.

Well at least I got a new switch and RDM out of it. Good service guys too. Bob Brown Chevrolet in Des Moines, Iowa.

Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts