Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roof works fine, goes up and down, When closing it seems to bottom out hard. If I moved up the bottom latch in storage area would that help. It has creased the bottom cushion and split the material.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,389 Posts
Roof works fine, goes up and down, When closing it seems to bottom out hard. If I moved up the bottom latch in storage area would that help. It has creased the bottom cushion and split the material.
Did you mean "opening"? If it hits hard "Opening" it's the Roof Struts that need replacing! No big Deal. If you did mean "Closing" I have no idea. You will have to wait for smarter than me to respond!

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
The bottom cushion crease is normal on the SSR. There is a fix for that located in the “How to” library.

OLDxR

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,665 Posts
Eight Hydraulic Cylinders and TWO Pneumatic Cylinders.

Your gas/Pneumatic Cylinders are bad.

Each Pneumatic Cylinders is rated at 130lbs x 2 = 260lbs of "lift" for the roof but more important 260lbs on "cushion" when opening/storing roof.

When your roof "bottoms" out hard, like you describe, it puts jack hammer effect on your hydraulic cylinders.

CHANGE THEM ASAP!!

Order from Mike:

https://shop.simple-engineering.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=Pnumatic+Roof+Struts

Go to my SSR How to Library: Look up ROOF PNEUMATIC STRUTS

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

Attachments

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Member how long?

If you have been a member since 07 and truly don't know what the problem is; I think this is a GOOD time to remind ALL NEW R OWNERS / Forum members to read the Forum EVERY week, and familiarize yourself with the "How to Repair" library. The Tech Forum is also a MUST read every week.

Yes add new roof hydraulic cylinders to your Christmas list this year.

"Long may you all run" Roof Up or Down:grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts