Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At work we have a nice garage, and I prefer to park the SSR:blue:inside to protect it from the elements. The ceiling is pretty high, probably at least 8'. How much clearance do you need to put up the top inside?

·
Registered
78 Posts
You could put top down and measure off the windshield frame and that would give you the dimension you are asking for .
And you would not be getting second hand information.LOL

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
Less than 8'.

I've run the top's up and down on quite a few here in my shop for repairs and it only has 8' ceilings with no issues.

·
Tech Support/Research
1,735 Posts
Roof Clearance

Raising and lowering the top on an SSR at standard ride height is possible with 64" of headroom. Less than that risks interference.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
OH yes, With no air In the tires, Height Is no problem at all. No need to worry????????????????? Thanks Captain Morgan Rum and Coke. Donny Two Shoes

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,415 Posts
Check this video out several times. The panels that open and the top never go much higher then the top itself in the closed position. So my point here is if you can drive in some where with the top up and it doesn't touch the ceiling, it appears you can put it up or down safely with out touching anything. Might have someone watch while you do it and yell stop if it is close. My 2 cents and we all know what that is worth.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog
1 - 7 of 7 Posts