Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Chevrolet SSR Slingshot Yellow
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the SSR have any insulation of the roof compartment as standard?
If yes, is this insulation still available as a spare part?
If no, has anyone insulated the roof compartment in order to make the ride more soundproof?

·
Premium Member
2006 Automatic
895 Posts
Yes, no real amount of insulation. Most people apply their own insulation through out the interior of the truck, cabin, doors, roof compartment, top panels, and rear cargo compartment. You can use any commercially available car sound insulation and a product called Peal and Seal found a Lowes and Home Depot.

Look on Dicktator's one drive for info and search for information on insulation. There is a ton of info. Dicktator SSR Drive

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, no real amount of insulation. Most people apply their own insulation through out the interior of the truck, cabin, doors, roof compartment, top panels, and rear cargo compartment. You can use any commercially available car sound insulation and a product called Peal and Seal found a Lowes and Home Depot.

Look on Dicktator's one drive for info and search for information on insulation. There is a ton of info. Dicktator SSR Drive
OK, thanks a lot. The original insulation is missing on mine. :-( Wiil have to find something similar to Peal and Seal here in Sweden. Would however be nice to have somthing that looks like the original.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,111 Posts
Did the SSR have any insulation of the roof compartment as standard?
If yes, is this insulation still available as a spare part?
If no, has anyone insulated the roof compartment in order to make the ride more soundproof?
Several of us have redone the roof compartment which has reduced the sound and improved the look. Here is how we did it:

I’ve done it on both my Rs.

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Several of us have redone the roof compartment which has reduced the sound and improved the look. Here is how we did it:

I’ve done it on both my Rs.
Great instructions and the result is very good looking and probably reduces more noise than the original. Thank's a lot!
Will probably do something similar depending on what material I can get hold of here in Sweden.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
ensolite foam with peel and stick backing

Its we die cut for aircraft insulation , its also used in saftey life jackets closed cell foam

foamart.com , Burbank calif

Various thickness

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank's to all of You for the answers regarding insulation of the roof compartment..

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,058 Posts
I used Roof Peel & Seal from Lowes.

Vent seal is Ceramic Sponge cut 4X6 inches cheaper than GM for $40.

Look up: ROOF VENT SOUNDPROOFING

How to: New folder - OneDrive (live.com)

Dicktator

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts