Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My top was down OK, I started to raise the top and stopped the cycle with the hatch up to look for frayed wires. After viewing I resumed to raise the top but nothing happens and I receive message on speedometer "Roof Cycle Timeout".
Whats wrong and how do I get the hatch down or the roof raised? Thanks for any help.
Oren (OG)

·
BlueStreak
27,214 Posts
Just a quick check. Engine running? , Foot on Brake?, Roof Button down and nothing happens?
Engine running? , Foot on Brake? , roof Button up and nothing happens?
If the roof is all the way down and the cover will not close make sure there is nothing in the way of the hinges.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My top was down OK, I started to raise the top and stopped the cycle with the hatch up to look for frayed wires. After viewing I resumed to raise the top but nothing happens and I receive message on speedometer "Roof Cycle Timeout".
Whats wrong and how do I get the hatch down or the roof raised? Thanks for any help.
Oren (OG)

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Just wondering why were you checking for frayed wires? If you want to put it up you can do so manually generally takes 2 people after you get it most of the way up you can try latching with the switch. First thing need to find out what caused the timeout. What is your fluid level? Just do not over fill. Also, have you cleaned your micro switches? Any fluid at bottom of compartment? We just found frayed wires on another one last week but he was getting a different message I think it was tonneau latch cover.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,582 Posts
Oren,

Your roof system is probably confused about positioning. It happens sometimes when you have multiple panels out of position at the same time. I am assuming that you have the lid open and the flipper panel open, but the roof still stowed in the compartment. The lid and the flipper panel are both probably not fully extended...... causing the RDM (Roof Door Module) to see both out of position and it throws up its hands and refuses to do anything. try to get one or both of them fully extended (or fully retracted) and then try to operate the roof system. You don’t need the engine running to do this.

If you need to..... you can call me and I’ll coach you through it.

Mike
480-225-2123

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,853 Posts
Did you try UP and then DOWN a few times?

Manually start lifting roof, one on each side. Have someone push UP button, may start again.

EACH sequence is "timed" by computer, i.e. RDM.

Sound like broken wire.

Dicktator

·
BlueStreak
27,214 Posts
You had two threads open on the same subject and I have merged them since it make life easier when trying to follow the answers. Please keep
Oren (OG)
You had two threads open on the same subject and I have merged them since it make life easier when trying to follow the answers. Please keep all of this in one thread so it can be used as reference in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts