Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My top was down OK, I started to raise the top and stopped the cycle with the hatch up to look for frayed wires. After viewing I resumed to raise the top but nothing happens and I receive message on speedometer "Roof Cycle Timeout".
Whats wrong and how do I get the hatch down or the roof raised? Thanks for any help.
Oren (OG)

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
Just a quick check. Engine running? , Foot on Brake?, Roof Button down and nothing happens?
Engine running? , Foot on Brake? , roof Button up and nothing happens?
If the roof is all the way down and the cover will not close make sure there is nothing in the way of the hinges.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My top was down OK, I started to raise the top and stopped the cycle with the hatch up to look for frayed wires. After viewing I resumed to raise the top but nothing happens and I receive message on speedometer "Roof Cycle Timeout".
Whats wrong and how do I get the hatch down or the roof raised? Thanks for any help.
Oren (OG)

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
841 Posts
Just wondering why were you checking for frayed wires? If you want to put it up you can do so manually generally takes 2 people after you get it most of the way up you can try latching with the switch. First thing need to find out what caused the timeout. What is your fluid level? Just do not over fill. Also, have you cleaned your micro switches? Any fluid at bottom of compartment? We just found frayed wires on another one last week but he was getting a different message I think it was tonneau latch cover.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,073 Posts
Oren,

Your roof system is probably confused about positioning. It happens sometimes when you have multiple panels out of position at the same time. I am assuming that you have the lid open and the flipper panel open, but the roof still stowed in the compartment. The lid and the flipper panel are both probably not fully extended...... causing the RDM (Roof Door Module) to see both out of position and it throws up its hands and refuses to do anything. try to get one or both of them fully extended (or fully retracted) and then try to operate the roof system. You don’t need the engine running to do this.

If you need to..... you can call me and I’ll coach you through it.

Mike
480-225-2123

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,670 Posts
Did you try UP and then DOWN a few times?

Manually start lifting roof, one on each side. Have someone push UP button, may start again.

EACH sequence is "timed" by computer, i.e. RDM.

Sound like broken wire.

Dicktator

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
You had two threads open on the same subject and I have merged them since it make life easier when trying to follow the answers. Please keep
Oren (OG)
You had two threads open on the same subject and I have merged them since it make life easier when trying to follow the answers. Please keep all of this in one thread so it can be used as reference in the future.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Well it is my turn to have the dreaded Roof Cycle Timeout happen to me. I was taking out the SSR for its first ride today and low and behold I went to put down the top and I got the "Roof Cycle Timeout" warning in the DIC. I tried to raise and lower it around 3-4 times nothing but a low sounding clunk then no sounds on the other tries. I drove the SSR around the block and when I got home I tried it again. Still no luck, but I did notice a good amount of fluid on my driveway. :rolleyes::cautious: So I am thinking the pump or line probably is broken.

Your thoughts are much welcomed.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
What is the consistency of the fluid? If you did not hear the motor running I would think it came from something else. The roof fluid is very light weight oil and would have to come out of the roof compartment on the outside of the frame since the drain holes for the storage compartment are there.

Reactions: Marc NY

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
What is the consistency of the fluid? If you did not hear the motor running I would think it came from something else. The roof fluid is very light weight oil and would have to come out of the roof compartment on the outside of the frame since the drain holes for the storage compartment are there.
I was able to reach out and I was lucky that Mike Moro was able to call me back. I was glad that my roof was in the up position. Mike got me to open up the tonnue lid by pulling it up (requires two people) and then backwards to take a look down inside. There was fluid in the reservoir and there appeared to be no fluid down and around inside. After some other conversation Mike showed me what he thinks could be the problem. The micro switch might be stuck. As a result of me possibly not using the SSR enough (Garage Queen) to keep the switch in good and proper working condition. Oh yes, the fluid on my driveway was most likely had been moisture/ water from the mufflers that had been sitting all winter long.
Roof Modual Micro Switch.jpg
Mike told me to get a can of CRC 2026 Multi-Purpose Precision Lubricant to spray on the micro switch.
Electrical Contact spray.jpg
A BIG Thank You goes out to Mike in AZ for trying to help me and hopefully diagnosing my problem. (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts