Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the R today (or tried to). Got all the services done, fixed the shifter cable, even washed the truck and dressed the tires. Guess they can do that when you spend a grand with them.

One item was a roof cycle timeout that Tropical Chevrolet previously charged me $200 to "fix". Today, they adjusted the tonneau cover to prevent interference with the roof storage cover at no charge. Said it worked fine in the back lot, but when I checked it before we left, same old story. Any ideas why the covers are interfering with each other?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,967 Posts
Picked up the R today (or tried to). Got all the services done, fixed the shifter cable, even washed the truck and dressed the tires. Guess they can do that when you spend a grand with them.

One item was a roof cycle timeout that Tropical Chevrolet previously charged me $200 to "fix". Today, they adjusted the tonneau cover to prevent interference with the roof storage cover at no charge. Said it worked fine in the back lot, but when I checked it before we left, same old story. Any ideas why the covers are interfering with each other?
If that is really the problem, and they can't adjust it out I would consider checking the hinges. When I had tyhat problem it was because the left one was bent. It had been slightly bent and bent more each time I tried the roof, before it timed out.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,189 Posts
Here are some things that YOU can do.

1. Behind passengers seat/Fuse Panel/remove cover/top left/two 30amp fuses/one is UP the other is DOWN/remove/clean contacts.

2. Open roof cover/with roof in up postion/two latching relays/one each side/four bolts/remove but do not disconnect any wiring/10amp mircoswitch, clean or replace. (Can get 10amp switch at Radio Shack)

Here are some pictures.
NOTICE in picture 4, switch is stuck in closed position.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have had the same problem . . . I stop the process, when it first opens up.Then I continue to open the top. It has worked for me many times. Just wait for the cover to start to go up, stop it for a minute and then continue.

aj

1 - 5 of 5 Posts