Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Growing Older but Not Up
Joined
·
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For several weeks I've had a couple of threads detailing the issues with my roof system failures and the delays in getting it repaired. A few lessons to remember-

1- Be patient, but be persistent. the SSR has some unique features and many dealers need help sorting through the problem solving process.
2- Buy a can of the hydraulic fluid to have on hand if you ever get a leak (p/n 89022748), it will save you & the dealer time in the process, most never stock it and normal delivery is 2 -3 weeks.
3- Visually inspect the lines that attach to the struts that lift the tonneau for the roof storage area for pinching or wear. Mine failed because one got squeezed over & over until it developed a slow leak.
3- Escalation works! I communicated with the CEO's office via email regarding the delays and support, they were helpful and got results. .( be courteous & professional but insist on a resolution)
The local dealer appreciated the assistance. They were originally forecasting the fluid to be delivered today, we got it last Monday

I really missed my baby, she's back where she belongs :thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Glad to hear the good news!!!

Glad to hear your baby is better and back home. Thanks, for the good advice about the hydraulic fluid. I think I might just have to order some.
But, I could never get away with saying I would rather not see my wife for 3 weeks, instead of my truck, especially since she is also a member on here !!!
:glol
 

·
Registered
2005 SSR
Joined
·
436 Posts
I am just wondering......would it serve any purpose to purchase the fluid, if a line has a leak? Wouldn't one still have to wait for the line replacement?
 

·
Growing Older but Not Up
Joined
·
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SA13355 said:
I am just wondering......would it serve any purpose to purchase the fluid, if a line has a leak? Wouldn't one still have to wait for the line replacement?
The reason to have some fluid on hand is to save time in troubleshooting the leak. The hoses are readily available for next day delivery, The fluid isn't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,454 Posts
Having had mine in for numerous roof problems, I would wholeheartedly agree, buy the fluid and keep it on hand and check those lines and hoses and cables often. I had one wire getting pinched and had to reroute it too. Excellent advice. :thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
I checked the parts dept here where I work. No one in Houston stocks it, but it is as close as Austin. They can have it on hand in a day or two max. The fluid is fairly pricey. I think I'll wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
What's the Part Number of the SAAB Oil

cruzned said:
Remember, the same oil used in the SAAB convertibles works too.
Cruzed

What is the part number of the SAAB oil?

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Same problem probably.........

I've decided to take mine in on Monday--tried to put the top down to go to the lake Tuesday and it wouldn't budge--Roof Cycle Time-out over and over again. It used to take 1-2 times--but this time it would not budge. I'm hoping they wont have it forever...... :cuss :cuss I'll keep ya'll posted.

Oh, theres a guy in Warner Robins with a red one---everybody keeps seeing him and they think its me. I've also seen a UV SSR in Warner Robins once and a couple times on the interstate--between WR exit and Macon. I'm determined to flag one of them down and let them know about the site. Thats two more for the get-together! ;)
 

·
Growing Older but Not Up
Joined
·
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HePaid4mySSR said:
I've decided to take mine in on Monday--tried to put the top down to go to the lake Tuesday and it wouldn't budge--Roof Cycle Time-out over and over again. It used to take 1-2 times--but this time it would not budge. I'm hoping they wont have it forever...... :cuss :cuss I'll keep ya'll posted.

Oh, theres a guy in Warner Robins with a red one---everybody keeps seeing him and they think its me. I've also seen a UV SSR in Warner Robins once and a couple times on the interstate--between WR exit and Macon. I'm determined to flag one of them down and let them know about the site. Thats two more for the get-together! ;)
Shauna,
It shoulds always go up or down on the first try, I think Chevy has a problem with the lift sytem that needs to be looked at. Get it in for service & ask them to call David at Youmans in Macon if they haven't worked on a roof before, he did the work on mine.

I hope you guys can make the Savannah run!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
We are definitely going to the Savannah run--we have family in Savannah we'll be staying with. Are you planning on staying overnight--if so, the night before or the night of? Let me know and maybe we can cruise down there together once we get the times situated. Thanks for the tip on calling David at Youmans. I was worried about that--they've already told me they have never worked on an SSR. Eekk... :eek
 

·
Growing Older but Not Up
Joined
·
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HePaid4mySSR said:
We are definitely going to the Savannah run--we have family in Savannah we'll be staying with. Are you planning on staying overnight--if so, the night before or the night of? Let me know and maybe we can cruise down there together once we get the times situated. Thanks for the tip on calling David at Youmans. I was worried about that--they've already told me they have never worked on an SSR. Eekk... :eek
Right now, we're thinking about going down on Saturday & staying over for Sunday. We need to come up with a place for everyone to gather in Savannah, any ideas?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top