Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the breakdown for the roof where the passenger side window rolls up into the weather seal? I have a fax number if someone with a factory repair manual would care to fax it over.

I need to see how it comes apart to include the headliner.

Thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hang in there

Steve,
Hang in there buddy, someone will come through. These guys are sometimes slow to respond, if I had the info you needed I'd send it your way. :thumbs

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to see the breakdown on the roof. It must be disassembled on tuesday...

No big deal... I think I am going to go test drive a New SRT..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Boosted said:
I need to see the breakdown on the roof. It must be disassembled on tuesday...

No big deal... I think I am going to go test drive a New SRT..
Boosted -- Working on it --alot of pages to peruse -- will advise

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is why I need that Info..Evidently someone did not like me parking my truck somewhere and decide to punch it..Yes they took there hand and punched the roof above the passengerside window and put a nice dent there..The paintless dent people said they think they can get it out but has no Idea how it comes apart..This scares me...

Thanks Gary for any and all help..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Boosted -- I have found a "Folding top disassembled view". I can fax you this and you can tell me which item you are interested in and I will keep looking for other views.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Boosted- I have found retractable roof headliner front, side, and rear replacement. pages 8-537 thru 40 of service manual. You don't have to remove the weatherstrips according to what I'm reading. Can fax to you if you advise of number.

·
Registered
95 Posts
headliner removal

Boosted, Follow these steps in sequence. Open the roof until you have 3" between top of windshield and the front of the roof. Along the front edge are 3 plastic push in fasteners. At the rear edge of this section of the roof are 3 more fasteners. After removing the 6 fasteners look on the inside left and right at the rear of the liner will be one push in fastener per side. Next release the sides of the headliner from the rubber weather strip (where the windows seat when closed).
The next step is the most difficult. Pull downward on the side of head liner that was held in place by the rubber weatherstrip.Using a flashlight look in between the roof and the head liner. There are 2 velcro type fasteners on each side of the liner. To separate the two halves of the velcro will require some prying or pulling force. This step usually requires two people as you release each side. The first side released will fall and the liner is awkward to handle with one person.
Hope this info helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts