Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 SSR
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a known problem with the roof rubbing on something in the down position? I have a rub mark on the passenger side roof pillar, L shaped , & it looks like it happened when the roof was down .

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I think you're safe in assuming it happens with the roof down. I mean, if it's up, what could it come in contact with? Did you look what happens (contact) when you drop the top? Post pics of the rub marks. Maybe someone will shine some light.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,375 Posts
Is there a known problem with the roof rubbing on something in the down position? I have a rub mark on the passenger side roof pillar, L shaped , & it looks like it happened when the roof was down .
The rub marks on your roof are from the split loom tubing on your hydraulic lines to the tonneau cover. You will see the service loop just below the hinge.

The solution is to massage the split loom a bit and move the tie wraps on the bundle a little, so the service loop does not go straight toward the top when the tonneau goes closed.

Regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
2006 SSR
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rub marks on your roof are from the split loom tubing on your hydraulic lines to the tonneau cover. You will see the service loop just below the hinge.

The solution is to massage the split loom a bit and move the tie wraps on the bundle a little, so the service loop does not go straight toward the top when the tonneau goes closed.

Regards,

Mike
Thank you I will look there .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts