Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is something everyone should check :eek
the cables and wires that are attached to the right tonneau hinge for the are twisted and come into contact with the roof when it's stowed. this has scratched black beauty's top, hopefully they will polish away.
these wires look like they were previosly pinched off by the hinge and inexpertly spliced. this probably is the cause of the twist and scuffing but I think everyone should check for wires that may be loose or in the way of the mechanism or roof.
I'm not sure how these are attached to the hinge (someones messed with mine) but it looks like there should be atleast 1 clip on the hinge arm, one plastic push in clip 'pushed into' the hinge mount and one more holding the plug onto the wall.
here's some pics of the wires and the scuff :flag

Attachments

B

·
0 Posts
There is a bulletin on this. Dealership Had 8 different service bulletins on various things on and around the roof tops on 03 and 04's thru a certian vin #. I think it was april or may last year when they were doing their search on the subject. I had a different marr line on mine and the illustrious roof time out. but mine wuold always work. after pushing the button again. 1 of the roof locks were not letting go in time. I had copies of them. I will check and see if I still have them. :flag :seeya :leaving

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
operates fine!

but the wires are kicking the crap out of the paint :boxing
see what the dealer says tomorrow :flag

B

·
0 Posts
THat was one of the bulletins. the wires were looped the wrong way and they would rub on your top. also you might look at the hydralic hoses. normally when one was looped backwards so was the other one. like the person who done this function was sick a few days or something and the fill in person done it wrong. :confused :lol :thumbs :flag :seeya

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats it! first it pinched the wires then they worked loose and scuffed the roof :cuss
THANKS! :thumbs
I'll tell my service guy about the problem :flag

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Mike, The bulletin # is 04-08-67-010 it covers the hydraulic lines rubbing on the "B" piller

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
wingrider said:
Mike, The bulletin # is 04-08-67-010 it covers the hydraulic lines rubbing on the "B" piller
This is the main REASON I AM A SSR FANATIC !! where else can a owner find Good Answers :seeya " You have been there and done that"

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
parts ordered!

will be fixed as soon as they come in. told them what you said Bob, no fuss no muss!
I love this sight :flag
p.s. thank you too Wingrider, I didn't need that info but I'm sure it will be useful for some other unlucky fanatic :thumbs

·
Registered
247 Posts
Had same probelm

I had the exact problem, it looks like you took a picture of my roof... I wrapped a soft cloth around the wire and buffed out the scratch. Please let me know how it goes at the dealer when you get yours fixed. I didn't tell them yet, because my wife would die if they had to keep "LENORE" again... they kept her for a week to replace the driveshaft ( the TINK )..... :seeya

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my service guy is great! I went in this morning showed him the prob, told him I couldn't leave it (work truck'n all) so he called the service manager out they decided it needed a new wire harness, so he got the parts guy to come out and make sure the right thing was ordered.told me he'd call me when it arrived.
I'll probably only loose black beauty for the day :flag

Attachments

H

·
0 Posts
I had the same problem, and simply wire tied a soft black sock around the wire bundle and scuff's no more! I didn't want to bring it to the dealership and possibly have them mess something else up while trying to fix that. I brought it in for an oil change last month and now I have this mysterious rattle in the dashboard that I am positive was not there before. Sounds like someone left a bolt in a plastic box in there.... :mad

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
fixed!

the dealer recieved the new wires and lines and installed them today :thumbs
too bad they installed them the same wrong way- with the 'twist' :nodno
I showed my service writer the proper routing on a 05 in there inventory :yesnod
so I cut the one zip tie they used, unhooked the other fasteners, unclipped the hydrolic ram for the flipper, gave it one counterclockwise 'un-twist', fastened it back on, routed the wires back through the clips, zipped on a new tie and checked the operation to make sure I wasn't making things worse (had to adjust a little thats all) the wires now follow the same route as the 05 did and matches the driver side movements.
its not even close to the roof anymore :lol
it's easy- took 5 minutes :cool
here's the before & after pics :flag

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
harness clips

While on the subject of wiring back there... I was looking in the roof storage area tonight and noticed 6 harness clamps (3 on each side) on the wall behind the passenger seats. Is something supposed to go in these? IThey are just hanging there open and waiting for wires to be placed in them......unrelated.. there is also a 1" round piece of velcro on each side of the headliner above the sunvisors. What's that all about? Nothing touches them.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Action said:
While on the subject of wiring back there... I was looking in the roof storage area tonight and noticed 6 harness clamps (3 on each side) on the wall behind the passenger seats. Is something supposed to go in these? IThey are just hanging there open and waiting for wires to be placed in them......unrelated.. there is also a 1" round piece of velcro on each side of the headliner above the sunvisors. What's that all about? Nothing touches them.

Thanks,
Jason
Since I once asked this, I'll pay it forward.

Those clips are used to hold various harness's in the roof module until it is installed in the chassies. At final assembly the harness's are pulled loose and rerouted, leaving the clips.
:thumbs

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Did The Same Thing!

david said:
I had the exact problem, it looks like you took a picture of my roof... I wrapped a soft cloth around the wire and buffed out the scratch. Please let me know how it goes at the dealer when you get yours fixed. I didn't tell them yet, because my wife would die if they had to keep "LENORE" again... they kept her for a week to replace the driveshaft ( the TINK )..... :seeya
Did the same thing with black cloth and zip ties works great took about 15min. :thumbs Not a half of day or more at dealer with a chance for them to screw something else up :boxing

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
try it, you'll like it

proper alignment took 5 minutes following the steps above. the cloth fix would work for most people because they keep they're ssRs immaculate, so the cloth stays clean. I use black beauty every day rain or shine. I still suggest untwisting the wires & hydrolic lines so they dont get pinched or rub a potentially dirty cloth against the roof.
if it wasn't easy I wouldnt suggest it :flag

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you find the bulletins on the top problems, will you be able to post them so we can all print copies of them? I sure would like having those bulletins. Thanks

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Roof Scuff

jrevet said:
If you find the bulletins on the top problems, will you be able to post them so we can all print copies of them? I sure would like having those bulletins. Thanks
Roof scuff TSB#4-08-67-010 rub on "B" pillar

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jrevet heres the bulletin from wingrider

wingrider said:
there's other probs & bulletins though :skep
I suggest fixing this one yourself :yesnod
Its That Easy REALLY :flag

1 - 20 of 33 Posts