Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a pair of the hinges that mount the Roof Stowage Compartment Lid to the rear face of the roof stowage compartment. These are GM part numbers 15791421 and 15791422 and are listed on most GM websites as the "Lower Hinge" for left and right respectively.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,798 Posts
Do they need to be undamaged? I have one (I think the right side) but I suspect it is bent.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I wonder if Two Old Farmers might have a pair. He has a parts truck that wasn’t hit. He is not on the site often so you might PM him

SPR

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Not for sale

Sorry Charlie, The hinges are not for sale, I should have checked with Jack prior to ID ing that he had them. I see someone has a post on this TREND with a ebay vendor. See above replies. BE SURE they are the 05 -06 hinges just to be sure you get the NEW design. Wishing you all the best.

·
Charlie & Pat
411 Posts
I found a possibly temporary “fix”. I loosened the six bolts that attach the bed cover to its hinges and “coaxed” the lid as far rearward as possible. Then I loosened the two bolts that keep the hinges from sliding on their mount pins and the “coaxed” hinges as far rearward as possible. Next I loosened the lock nuts on the stop plates that the roof well cover rests on. I turned the stop plates out about one turn and tightened the lock nuts. It worked perfectly through about ½ a dozen cycles. It hasn’t done that in about a year!

Charlie®

:yellow:

:wink2::cheer::sunce::cheer::wink2:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
i found a possibly temporary “fix”. I loosened the six bolts that attach the bed cover to its hinges and “coaxed” the lid as far rearward as possible. Then i loosened the two bolts that keep the hinges from sliding on their mount pins and the “coaxed” hinges as far rearward as possible. Next i loosened the lock nuts on the stop plates that the roof well cover rests on. I turned the stop plates out about one turn and tightened the lock nuts. It worked perfectly through about ½ a dozen cycles. It hasn’t done that in about a year!

Charlie®

:yellow:

:wink2::cheer::sunce::cheer::wink2:
mike needs the roof storage hinges, not the bed hinges......bird

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,885 Posts
I have a set on the way. Thanks for all the support and suggestions. I appreciate it.

Moderator can close the thread now.....

Thanks,

Mike
Ha! guess they are not listening/reading!!

Nick

·
Charlie & Pat
411 Posts
I wasn't replying to Mike's. I was merely stating the "fix" I was able to work on mine, because I was unable to get those same hinges that Mike has "on the way". I would prefer to get a set of those hinges as well.

Charlie®

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,885 Posts
I wasn't replying to Mike's. I was merely stating the "fix" I was able to work on mine, because I was unable to get those same hinges that Mike has "on the way". I would prefer to get a set of those hinges as well.

Charlie®
Charlie, sorry, not meant for you or anyone else posting. Just noting moderators not paying too much attention!!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Charlie,

The hinges you seek are available from several places on the forum and on the internet. I do not currently have any available.

Regards,

Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts