Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have on '05.
Has anyone experienced a roof switch fault warning in the DIC and the roof refusing to go down except in short burst from pushing the switch multiple times and then having to lower the back deck manually?

This happened about a month ago and the dealer cleared the warning codes in the computer and then it stopped occuring until earlier this week.

Once you go through the manual lowering the top, it then seems to work ok for about 24 hours, then repeats itself, thus repeating the whole process.

Thanks

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Has happened to others

Dealer needs to replace switch this has happened to others :thumbs

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crazyrtr53 said:
Dealer needs to replace switch this has happened to others :thumbs
Thanks, now this is not the switch in the left upper header, it has been replaced and that was another problem that has been corrected. Are you speaking of another switch? and if so, do you know which one or the part number so I can hold my dealer's hand?

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
ampmop said:
Thanks, now this is not the switch in the left upper header, it has been replaced and that was another problem that has been corrected. Are you speaking of another switch? and if so, do you know which one or the part number so I can hold my dealer's hand?
Its the switch in the console sorry don't have that part #

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
Sometime the roof guide pin does not actuate the switch correctly. Your dealer needs to make sure that the switch and latch mechanism is working correctlly mechanically.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
I'm having a problem with mine. The roof folds down into the well but the cover doesn't close. It was diagnosed at the factory as being one of the sensors on the cylinder that works the roof. Computer isn't getting the signal that the roof is all the way down and won't go to the next step to close the cover. I'm waiting for the part to arrive. Part # they ordered is #89044556.

·
Premium Member
19,809 Posts
Had Problem With Mine Too. Tech At Cealer Found Wires Had Pulled From Weather Pack In Top Storage Area Behind Seats Would Not Stow Or Go Up When Manual Move Top Dic Would Always Say Roof Ajar. Was In Chico Ca. 110 Degrees When It Happened Took It To Chevy Dealer Up There. They Called Mechanic Back To Work(had Already Gone Home For The Day) With In 10 Minutes He Was There And Locked My Top Down With The Obdii Tool They Have At Dealerships. My Local Dealer Repaired Wiring And Also Said The Latches On The Windshield Pillars Need To Upgraded To 05 Style .... If Your Ever In Chico See Tim At The Chevy Dealer For Fixes He Kniws What He's Doing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts